Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made bookmarks for my children's teachers one year! And I plan to make a few flower bookmarks for an up coming Flower Festival!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that little witch. I wish the pattern was with the image. I made some adorable ones last year that were Santa hats on one end of a chain and a white pom pom on the other end. The teenage girls I gave them to loved them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had never seen a crocheted bookmark until my son and daughter-in-law gave me one for Christmas last year. It was a squiggly worm with teeny eyes glued on, a crocheted string with a tassel. Sooo cute and I like to use it.

I was not so successful making the worm so I tried other patterns and settled on a shamrock. My husband even uses the one I made for him. I tried to add a picture to this message and it asked for the URL so I would have to study up on how to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make thread bookmarks all the time. I LOVE making them. I actually have made several since this past weekend. I found 4 pages of bookmarks on ravelry. This is the page where they begin.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...ptioned_thumbs

My favorite one I've done lately looks like eight fans, each tilted a little to the side, alternating from one side to the other. I did mine in a solid vanilla color rather than from a variegated thread. It is gorgeous. This is the page where the directions are found.

crochetroo: Fan Bookmark

The directions for this bookmark are written in Australian-English first, but later down the page, they have written out the instructions in United States English terms, which I was SOOOO glad they did. When I'm making something written in the UK English terms, I find myself getting confused since our SC is their DC. I get all mixed up and get kinda frustrated. Again, it's that ol' lady brain thing goin' on. LOL
    Last edited by KathyFuller; 05-31-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    this is too funny, while I've been dry camping I've made a number of items from big ones, a thread pocket book, to book marks; and here you all are talking about book marks! I made mine w/ a combination of ideas and added beads. They twist real bad, cuz I guess they are more like book thongs than marks; but anyways I have been trying to keep them flat but what else but leaving them in books!