Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought Bernat Mosaic Yarn

I bought one skein of Mosaic yarn online just to make sure what I was getting. Am I glad I only bought one skein, that has to be the scratchiest yarn I ever tried. I thought Red Heart Super Saver was rough but this feels like Bailing Twine. I was going to make a hat out of it but I hated it so much after two rounds on the hat I pitch the yarn in the garbage. And they have the nerve to charge that rediculous price. Has anyone else tried Bernat Mosaic?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry MeerKat. I remember we had a big discussion about the Mosaic yarn. Well, at least now you know. I've found that even in yarns that I like to use, the varigated versions are usually more "scratchy" than the solid colors. I guess it's something about how they dye the yarn.

Thanks to your experience I will not be buying any Mosaic.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you didn't waste your money on it. I have never seen yarn this bad. I am glad I just bought one skein.

4. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, You are right, now I know why the skeins are in plastic bags. I bought 4 skeins to make a shawl but I don't think I will do that. When I saw your note, I got one out and did a little sample and I sure won't be doing anything that I will wear close to my skin. It reminds me of the binder twine we used on the farm to tie bales of hay. Thanks for the tip. Margaret.

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a couple of skeins (on sale of course) some time ago with the thought I would make infinity scarves. I have tried to start a couple of times and each time have been struck by the nasty feel on my hands. The thought of putting it around my neck made me itch and so I stopped and put the yarn away again. It is now definitely not near the top of my to make list!

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of other self striping yarns out there! I love Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable yarn. I made a bunch of scarves from it and most of them sold out at a big craft show. I usually have it in stock in my shop but I am out right now.

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep looking at the mosaic yarn just hoping it will be on enough of a sale that I could buy some. I keep picking it up and looking at all the different colors. I don't mind the feel of the mosaic at all but I can't afford to buy enough to make anything I'd like to use such a beautiful yarn. I have gotten Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in the Dragonfly color and just love it. I am knitting with it and find it easy to work with and very soft and comfy against my skin. I haven't noticed any stiffness in the mosaic but as I said, I haven't bought any. Perhaps when you work with it, a single strand gives a different feel than a skein. Thanks for the input. Now when I look at mosaic, I won't feel sad about not being able to afford it. How disappointed I would be to spend money on something that I would find out that I didn't like. You've saved me from a load of regret. Thank you all so much for your honest input on what I thought was a beautiful yarn. I have been working with Red Heart Boutique Treasure because it was on sale at AC Moore 2 for $7.00. It is such a beautiful self striping yarn with a hint of sparkle and it is soft and easy to work with. I am making the easy scarf in a color called Harvest Moon and it is more than beautiful. Thanks MeerKat for that easy scarf pattern site. (BTW, if not from you, MeerKat, someone correct me please.) Thanks everyone for the great comments. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly, I think I posted a simple scarf pattern for MeerKat to see. The one I posted was a chain 3, sc, chain 3, sc pattern. I've made about 10 scarves with it for Christmas gifts. It works up so quickly, and looks a lot fancier than it was to make. Just my kind of project! In case you were talking about another one, here is the one I posted again:

Easy Fashion Scarf | AllFreeCrochet.com
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

14. Likes MeerKat, seashells_Shelly, Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the corrections Bugga. I'm eating my words as I type (yucky taste). That is exactly the scarf I am making with the Treasure yarn. I am amazed how quickly it works up and I don't have to concentrate on rows or counting so much. This is a lovely break for me from knitting the ruffled scarves. Bugga I will post a correction on my screw-up and thanks again for the correction.
    HUGS, Shelly

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am officially making a correction on my previous post about MeerKat posting the easy scarf pattern site. It was Bugganok who posted the site. I am still eating my words as I type. Sorry MeerKat for mixing you up with Bugga. Love ya both, ya know
    The scarf is really pretty and gives a break if you've been working on harder projects, yet you're still making something beautiful. Thanks again Bugga Have a great day. HUGS, Shelly

18. Likes N/A liked this post