Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ooh-lalah it does sound to me like a fpsc or a dpsc. Have you tried it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, dear ones. It was bpsc. I consulted with the yarn shop owner today and she helped me. Too bad the pattern didn't just say bpsc. When it talked making the sc behind the turning chain I thought it meant it would be the turning chain in front and the bpsc behind it, and how could I go on and do the rest of the row like that without more turning chains...and when it talked about the stitch before the turning chain I thought of reverse sc, which I've never done either. I'm glad that's solved and I can now finish the slipper from hell-o. Thanks so much for your help on this.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

3. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Being that it is a vintage pattern could it be that the writer spelled out how to do a fp/bp sc for the reader? I'm not sure when certain crochet terms became standardized.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like those, what kind of yarn did you use? There is no way I would even attempt it though, but it is so different.

Post Thanks / Like
    The slippers are real cute, Joyce. I'm glad you got it solved.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Using 2 strands of Wool-Ease chunky. The pattern calls for a G hook which I tried...but there was no way I could work with the 2 strands of chunky yarn with the G, so I'm using a K hook. After the problem with the bpsc was solved, I got to sew on the white part of the sole to the purple and then continue the purple rounds with the white sole attached...sigh...anyway, one slipper is finished and the other is coming along. I'm up to the bpsc part. I'm not going to attach the white sole until I finish the purple though.

Post Thanks / Like
    love the look of the slippers. Sounds like quite the challenge, will be watching to see if there is an answer, wish I could give it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ta-da! Finished the slippers from hell-o and I'll see if I can put the picture up somewhere else because I don't have a url for the image.

10. Likes Lissacc liked this post