Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like this shawl and want to make it for an elderly friend. It looks pretty easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clear browser cache? What does that mean? I think you are already trying to take my title of the funny one away because that is a funny thing to say. So how do I do that? Is it legal in all 50 states? LOL I am computer challenged so it is all gobbly gook to me.

3. Likes Ginnie256 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Okay, to start I love your sense of humor and you will fit in here very well. I should warn you that I am the funny one here so take care you don't outshine me!!!! lol I love to tease and I think I have found a kindred spirit. Now to the shawl. Hon what is it supposed to look like? I'm sorry but it is hard to help without a pattern. Are you crocheting it as a triangular shawl? I am not the best crocheter but someone else that knows more about shawls will come along. I need a pattern to help.
    You are the funny one! :-) No one can take your place!!! :-) :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: go to favorites star at the right hand corner of screen. Push history, then the little gear sign, internet options, and then it will say mid page delete, push delete again and on the next screen OK. Clears history and browser info. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Blogger my site should be compatible with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and Firefox 3.6 +
    It says it may work with other browsers but suggest you turn off the compatibility view on your browser
    It will also work on some version of Linux and MAC.
    You need to enable Cookies and Javascript
    this is the link to view the compatibility of your browser to Blogger Blogs
    https://support.google.com/blogger/a..._topic=3339243

Sorry if you are having a problem. Message me and I will send you a PDF copy of the pattern of your choice.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

7. Likes crochet4fun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried this pattern but to me it looks like you're doing great and the color you picked out looks wonderful. How I saw the pattern is that it starts at like the mid point of the top like where it would be on the neck, and you keep going to make it a big triangular shawl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana, please try checking out Crochet Stitchionary Newstitchaday.com using the search box, place "box stitch" then search, it will give you a vid tutorial or you can check out written instructions I am not sure if it can give you a pattern for a shall using this stitch, but it has an awful lot of useful info. Good Luck and Happy Stitchin! Later Gaters! Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks to me like you have added and omitted stitches at the beginning and ending of the rows. Maybe?
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I went to google and did a search on the shawl as Poinciana named it and got a hit at Ideal Delusions. I clicked on it and it opened the page with the pattern for the shawl on Ideal Delusions. I decided to give it a try and found that, after 4 rows of dc, my work was 7" across the long (bottom) side. From what I could count in your picture, you have 8 rows completed and yours measures 14" across. I don't see a problem really. Remember, you only count your dc rows from the center of the bottom side out, so right now, as your shawl shows in the picture you posted, you only have 8 rows of dc on.
    Attached Images Attached Images Good Grief, what is wrong with this?-simple-box-stitch-shawl-jpg 
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Ginny, thanks for your words. You made my day!!