Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    i make my own things to hold all my crochet stuff

2. Likes kimr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep all of my free patterns that I print out in a divided case that is used for keeping financial documents. You can lable the dividers for hats, afghans, baby items, etc. I can carry this file box to my crocheting group and share my patterns with the other ladies. I use a little cosmetic zip bag for all my hooks. I keep most of my yarns in book case or stackable storage cubes. The rest are in plastic storage boxes. I also use a laundry basket next to me to put the different oolor yarns I'm useing at the time for making scrap yarn projects.

4. Likes kimr, sarah1313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love the idea of the divided case and laundry basket i usually have a big bag with the yarn and projects i use

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Barbara,

What I found works great for me is a shoe organizer. It's light, has wheels on the bottom and holds 28 skeins of yarn! I actually have 5 of them. My sisters and myself have been crocheting for about a year now and really enjoy it. I used to crochet with my Nana when I was about 7 or 8 and I loved it then too. All this yarn is stored in the shoe organizers and I had hung a shelf above them and it just works great for us. When I can figure out how to put a picture on here I will post it. : ) kim

Post Thanks / Like
    Also for Christmas I had found a crochet pattern for a basket. I thought I would make one for my sisters so they could store their blankets or projects. This would make a great gift basket as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started saving the paper tubes from toilet tissue and when I had enough I taped one end, put several sized crochet hooks in them and wrote on the outside what was in it. I bought a plastic container that was tall enough to have the tubes stand straight up so I could see at a glance the size I might need. I also bought quite a few shoe box size plastic containers and separated the smaller skeins of cotton yarns from the larger ones, put the same colored ones (or various shades of that color) in one container, and stacked them on one of my shelves in my walk in closet that has built ins. I have also purchased various sizes of plastic contaiers and did the same with larger skeins, which allows me to see at a glance exactly what is inside. My knitting needles (not circular ones) are stored inside paper toweling tubes, marked the same as the crochet hooks. I also purchased the plastic sleeves that can be kept in a binder and put inside them the patterns I am working on, so I can grab it and leave with the yarn, etc. when I am going to be out sitting somewhere. My kids, all grown, tell me I am anal, as my drawers are also organized, but I keep telling them no, I am not anal, I am just organized, and know where everything is when I need it, rather then have to hunt for an hour to find something. Makes my life much simpler. I also bought quilted fabric laid it flat, cut some pockets for it, held closed with velcro, sewed some on the inside of the fabric, others on the side that was going to be the outside, folded the fabric in half, sewed the sides, sewed strips of velcro on the ends that were going to be the top, made two long handles, and wound up with a very nice4 sized tote to carry a project I was working on, large enough to carry the pattern in the plastic sleeve, and didn't have to worry about any small item falling out, as all of the pockets had velcro. Saved some litlte plastic containers that are used for stitch markers, rubber tips for the ends of the needles, tapestry needles for sewing, and also a measuring tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a large tote box/w lid to store stash in. I use clear zippered bags that beadspreads came in to store acrylic yarns of like color, cotton yarn and wool yarn. I have a zippered makeup bag to store accessories like scissors stitch markers, cable needles, row counters, etc. I use seperate totes per planned projects and works in progress. I have a large tote with pockets, designed for knitting and crochet that holds needles, hooks and looms. It also holds several size stands w/magnets to hold patterns. I save patterns that I find on line on my computer in a directory with files identifying what the items are and copied discs. My husband just built me a bookshelf to store books that I have purchased. When I make something it's a quick look on the computer or bookshelf to choose something and a trip to the closet to see whats in the stash box or whats in the zippered bags.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use sheet protectors and binders. Works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, for organizing my projects, I use a plastic bag (the kind you buy at the grocery store, I especially like the ones at Whole Foods or Trader Joes) for EACH project. That way its easy to take with on a road trip. I keep my hooks and scissors in a plastic tube, again for easy travel. I usually make a copy of the pattern and toss in the bag. Right now I have 3 different projects going on and having separate bags really helps. I keep my yarn in a plastic tub with my pattern books and extras. So far, its worked for me. When my friends go to conferences, they always come back w/great bags for projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my hooks in a longish fancy metal box with a tight lid and keep it in one of the totes that I always take to a crochet group that I belong to. Lost a clear plastic container that used to have my fold-up scissors, tape measure and yarn needle in. I have been very fortunate to be the recipient of several Vera Bradley bags which I can pop the WIP in and I alternate depending on the size of the project. My method with storing yarn is the same as Sweet Magnolia's except I don't have a clear container and I will adopt that idea. I always enjoy hearing how others are storing their supplies.