Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't considered using coffee cans and the like to keep the yarn stationary yet moving freely. What a green idea! I will pass this along to the crafters I know. Maybe I could decorate the cans and give them as gifts. I'll have to think about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping the yarn corralled is a necessity at my house. My 2 cats think any yarn rolling around belongs to them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, I have just "discovered" using the zippered bags that sheets came in for work in progress. (I am such a pack-rat that I never discard anything like that.) It was great for crocheting in the car while hubby drove. I had a couple of projects with me on our last trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Hi Barbi,

I use zippered plastic bags (most of them I have gotten when I bought new bedding) They are flexible, see through so I can find what I am looking for quickly. I have plastic boxes from the store that I keep items in that I have made such as hats, scarfs, pot holders and dish cloths. I have one wooden cabinet with shelves that I put them on, but to tell you the truth I have outgrown that now.

When I am working on a project I use a small plastic garbage can to hold my yarn, it allows the balls and skeins to move around freely, keeps them from getting on the floor, and when I have to put it down I just fold it up and keep it in the can until I work on it next.

Judi G.

4. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb: My daughter-in-law sells Thirty One bags; she just sent one to me for Mother's Day, brown/greys tote with inside yellow/brown zippered bag and it holds my current projects; inside bag holds needles, scissors, patterns, etc. It is so handy and says "Grammy's Stuff". I love it. Just go to Thirty One.com to check out all bags. I can hook you up to her if you would like. Have a great weekend. (My yarn otherwise lives in plastic bags in the closet!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb- I have a craft room now-my daughter's old bedroom! My yarn is sorted by weight and in plastic totes! The odds and ends of things I need to complete the projects are in labeled wooden boxes-you know, the ones that clementine oranges come in, my patterns are in a plastic file box, my hooks are in a cosmetic bag along with my scissors, darning needles, etc. This goes in a tote bag with my present project! My craft room is sort of neat because I just organized it 2 months ago! Oh I have shelves to put the small boxes on!

7. Likes Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just last month, my husband built me some shelves in my craft room, before I had nothing and now here is what it looks like:

What type of Crochet Organizers do you use?

This is when it was still being worked on so there isnt much on the shelves. He also added more slots just above my computer for in and out mail etc. and some vertical spacers for mailing envelopes.

9. Likes Judi Gums, Beviboo, Lili, billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Love to see it once you get it filled up.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    @allie - that is beautiful! And so much storage space. You'll have no excuse for not being able to find things or for having a place to store them! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks everyone, here are the shelves with stuff on them. Not completely filled yet, but the closet in the room in a walk-in closet and TONS of shelves so that holds quite a bit of my craft stuff. I almost have TOO much storage now

13. Likes Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh to have the problem of too much storage space!!!! Allie, I envy you! I have a craft room but it's no where as neat as yours!