Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Magnolia, I admire your organization. Looking forward to the day when I have a combo writing/yarn room that is just for me

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitley need to organize my stuff as well. I'm currently working out of a tote bag, a large shopping bag, and a small shopping bag. I usually just stick my hook into my ball of yarn so I don't lose it. However, I've got to do something soon about getting organized!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi...to begin with all my crochet things were just in a bag but my sister in law gave me a needlecraft bag for my birthday and since then, they have been more organized...there are spots and pockets for needles and sections for the yarns. It is straightforward to use and I like it. My craft things I put in a box that I made myself and covered in gift wrapping paper. I was thinking of making one such box for the rest of my yarns that do not fit in the bag.
    FairyNatB

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a tote bag for my current project. I also use plastic milk crates, turned on their sides to store my extra yarn. This gives me a good idea of my available stock at a glance. I have two plastic folder-type cases, one for regular steel crochet hooks and one for the tiny hooks you use with crochet cotton. I have some longer hooks I keep in a drawer with the two folders. My patterns that aren't in the computer are on one shelf in my craft room bookcase. I am very organized, sometimes to a fault.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The yarn lives in big plastic totes, but I have an awful time keeping track of the little things.....stitch markers, yarn needles, tape measure, scissors, etc. I'm constantly looking for the "perfect" organizer for those things!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Evernote on my computer and Android phone to save patterns, hooks, yarns, etc. It's a real life saver when I'm in a yarn shop and see a yarn I think may be perfect for a project. All I have to do is bring it up on my phone and I know what type of yarn and how much.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DonnaJN,

I have an android phone and will have to look into the Evernote. Great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I use zippered plastic bags (most of them I have gotten when I bought new bedding) They are flexible, see through so I can find what I am looking for quickly. I have plastic boxes from the store that I keep items in that I have made such as hats, scarfs, pot holders and dish cloths. I have one wooden cabinet with shelves that I put them on, but to tell you the truth I have outgrown that now.

When I am working on a project I use a small plastic garbage can to hold my yarn, it allows the balls and skeins to move around freely, keeps them from getting on the floor, and when I have to put it down I just fold it up and keep it in the can until I work on it next.

Judi G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ideas Judi Gums! Thank you for sharing!

I totally forgot about using a small trash can to allow the yarn to move without having to constantly reposition it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use large coffee cans and CoffeeMate containers to keep the yarn corralled and moving freely.