Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Yes, if you've created a space on the previous row by chaining, then when they say to dc in the space then they mean to dc in the space but if the previous row was dc in each stitch and then for the row you're on it says to dc in each space-you don't have any spaces so you would have to crochet in the stitches I would think.
    '

Jean Marie, don't you wish we had the scarf here to look at it? I actually think the pattern instructions are written pretty poorly, lol. That said I think when it says dc in each space, and your previous row is just solid dc stitches, maybe she means to crochet "between" the dc stitches? In other words, in the space between the dc's, not into the actual stitch.

Maybe we could somehow ask the author of the pattern what she means.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    But again I have to disagree. If you look at the picture, there are no spaces in the first 2 rows. The chains that are crocheted in round 3 will be making the "spaces".

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this may be a personal option for you to decide which way to do it. I would do the dc in the the dcs and then do the space stitches on the next row. In the grand scheme of things I don't see it making any difference with only one row affected by this stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashlover View Post
    But again I have to disagree. If you look at the picture, there are no spaces in the first 2 rows. The chains that are crocheted in round 3 will be making the "spaces".
    Yes, Dashlover, I think that is what is puzzling us. She says, dc in the space, when there is really no space yet, just a row of dc stitches.

I just left a comment on the blog where the pattern is. Here is what I said:

"Thank you for sharing the pattern for the lovely scarf. But a bunch of us on a crochet forum are confused by the directions in rows 1 and 2. In both rows, you say "dc in each space", when there are not actually any spaces yet, just a row of dc stitches. Do you mean to dc between the dc stitches in the previous row, or into the dc's?"

The pattern was posted about a year ago, but maybe the author will see my comment and reply.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had patterns that were crocheted between the stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana, I went back this morning and printed out the pattern.She is crocheting the short side. She is making it 20 wide and as long as you want And And looking at in the picture where I can put it under a magnifying light, she is crocheting inbetween the stitches and not in the tops if the stitches. Look at the picture, the spaced stitches go across the piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Poinciana, I went back this morning and printed out the pattern.She is crocheting the short side. She is making it 20 wide and as long as you want And And looking at in the picture where I can put it under a magnifying light, she is crocheting inbetween the stitches and not in the tops if the stitches. Look at the picture, the spaced stitches go across the piece.
    Thank you, Texas transplant. Does that mean we can't have fun arguing about it anymore, lol?
    Annette

Dalai Lama

8. Likes mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    how do you crochet between stitches if there's no spaces?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the pattern is poorly written, when everyone has to guess what she means. That is all I have to say.

11. Likes buggainok, mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I think the pattern is poorly written, when everyone has to guess what she means. That is all I have to say.
    I agree, MeerKat. I commented on her blog to ask about it. We will see if she replies.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

13. Likes mflyman liked this post