Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue2007 View Post
    {snipped} Method 2 (For you purists out there. You know who you are) {snipped}
    ROTFL! You are so funny, TrueBlue!

Thanx for the great instructions: believe it or not, about 4-5 years ago I made umpteen of those butterflies (my mother has something like 17 of them in all different colors and sizes all over her living room and kitchen, LOL!), but only with pipe cleaner bodies-antennae. That body on your avatar is so luscious, but I couldn't quite figure it out from the pic.

Appreciatively,

NN (aka butterflyholic {chortle})

Post Thanks / Like
    Merseaone, thanks for the softening tip. I am certainly going to try it. I have washed items after making and they do get softer. However, washing the yarn before crocheting will sure make my hands happier (I don't like crocheting with stiff thread!)

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome ndlnut! One thing I forgot to mention in the instructions as I posted them, and I remember doing a butterfly for the first time myself and thinking "Why in the world didn't they tell me it was going to do this! It sure would have been nice to know ahead of time." The fact is, on round 3 you are putting so many stitches into that little chain 3 space that the butterfly begins to SERIOUSLY scallop! It will not lay flat, so don't even bother trying. By the time you have done your 3rd or 4th scallop, the butterfly actually begins to fold over upon itself. It would have been nice to know ahead of time... THIS IS NORMAL. Once you are finishing with your last scallop, it is impossible to keep the butterfly from folding in half and becoming the butterfly. Have fun with it.
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa