Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post
    Anyone make hats for homeless? I made half dozen or so but I live in Florida. Originally I made them for Sandy victims. Local church ended up not taking a second load of supplies. I will ship if you have a homeless shelter in your city.
    Pam
    My church crochet group is making hats for the homeless.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet for the local children's winter clothing drive and for our annual Christmas drive. I pretty much work at it all year round and then everything gets cleared out by December and I start working all over again. I make hats, scarves, baby afghans, etc.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    My church crochet group is making hats for the homeless.
    Would you like to PM me your address and I'll send to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam. I crochet chemo caps and I do have a homeless shelter that my church cooks a meal for each month. I am sure that one or the other would be thrilled to receive yours as well, if you haven't already found someone else to ship them to.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks true blue, bot I already got an offer to take them. I'll keep you in mind if I make some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do charity work year round. Hats for NICU, prayer shawls for hospice, single bed size afghans for assisted living, hats, scarves, mittens, toys for Lakota Indians in ND.

10. Likes Barbara G., N/A, trueblue2007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earnie how very kind and generous you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a member of a senior citizen crochet group and while we do donate lapghans and prayer shawls year round, we especially love the holidays when we make a lot of hats and scarves for children. We purchase gloves and one member recently got an excellent deal on the gloves that stretch to fit all sizes. Now we are attempting to match colors for the hats and scarves. Our group has expanded to about 26 members now, so we will have lots of donations this year! We also make newborn hats for local hospitals.

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet all year round making hats, scarves, afghans, now doing prayer shawls so it is an ongoing project for me. Each year I like to give to a different church or outreach. I also belong to a hobby club consisting of retired telephone people and non-telephone people so wherever they give to is where some of my items will go. The others are for the yearly February baby shower for several outreaches that my friend runs. We also bought tons of the cutest clothes when Walmart had them marked down to $1, 75 cents and even 25 cents. I have two boxes of the clothes in my basement (thank heaven I have a basement, otherwise I would be needing a clicker to find my way around if everything was on the main floor, LOL). I guess since everyone steps up at the holidays, I sometimes wonder if people are sort of forgotten during the rest of the year so I try to keep it ongoing.

LI Roe

15. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We are sending packages for Operation Christmas Child, and I've been making dolls.

17. Likes Barbara G. liked this post