Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

something different

i have so many orders for a gamecock totebag and clemson totebag and clutches that I have made. I have crocheted flowers to decorate them, but my daughter wanted to know if there is something other than flowers that I could use. Does anyone have any ideas? I probably could use different types of buttons. could you use decorative beads or something? I would appreciate any ideas. I used ideas from two patterns to make a clutch wristlet and it was a hit; therefore, I have had so many to make - not that I'm complaining because I love it - just want some fresh ideas. I hope everyone has a blessed day. She asked me could I crochet a heart or maybe a star? I'm open to ideas.

2. Likes wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sassy,

I looked in Etsy, where they have lots of handmade items. Almost all of the crocheted clutch purses are decorated with flowers, sigh. There are a few that have crocheted bows that match the clutch that are pretty cute. There are also some with crocheted hearts applied. Also lots of big decorative buttons, usually on a flap to close the clutch. A few of them seem to have spaces in the pattern across the bag, and then they have woven ribbon through the spaces and tied in a bow. If you want to look at them, here is a link:

crochet clutch on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much and I will definitely look at the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the link, those are really cute. What about incorporating beads into flowers or hearts?

LI Roe

6. Likes Judi Gums, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love looking at handmade crochet items for sale on Etsy. It should let us all know that the things we make and "give" as gifts are really valued items.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Bows are nice and you can google appliques and find all kinds of things to add. From fish to stars to mermaids. I put a star fish and an angelfish applique on a bikini and I thought it was cute. You would google crochet pattern for appliques.

9. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank all of you for you help. I knew that you would be able to help me. Now I have a lot of ideas and I am so thankful to you all. So glad I joined this group. I hope all of you have a blessed day.

11. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love college football, especially SEC football! Think "football." You could make some matching little pom-poms, for the "cheerleaders" carrying the cute purses! Maybe some little charms dangling, like a footballs, #1 charm, stars. Or make a tassel out of matching DMC floss, or a metallic floss like gold or silver. All ladies love "bling" maybe some metallic silver or gold beads? You can purchase ribbon with beads dangling from it at Walmart, it comes in a package 3 feet long and costs about $4.00. It would be cute sewn along either the top or bottom edge. Maybe you could sew on some matching buttons scattered here and there. If you don't mind the tedious work you could also sew on some sequins, even just a few.

BTW, my family lives in So. Carolina very close to Clemson. I'm in Alabama and in my house we say "War Eagle!"

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to say you could hang a pair of little pom-poms made out of matching yarn from the bag. You can crochet a chain and attach the pom-poms to it and tie it on.

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. that is a very good idea. I truly appreciate your suggestions.