Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, Shelly here. I'll be sort of in your neck of the woods this weekend. Going to visit my brother and pick up the wooden part of knit n spin from him. He lives in Cleveland. I think if you go on Route 8 there is a turnoff for Clemson. Our families live in a very beautiful part of SC----could they be further from the beach???? My brother has taken us to Alabama a time or two on day trips. I'm happy for you that you are so busy with something you love to do. Football is really a big thing around Clemson. You have the right audience for your creations. Keep up the awesome work making people happy with something so useful as a clutch or wristlet. GO GIRL! HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sassy,

I work with polymer clay and you can make soooooo many things with this. It's easy to work with and you can bake it in your oven.....you don't need a kiln. (But make sure that anything you use with polymer doesn't get used for food, such as cookie sheets and knives). You can use your oven but cover the clay with aluminum foil. But you can make buttons, flowers, pendants, ANYTHING you can think of. And there are many free tutorials online. That's how I got into it. Try it, you may like it. And then you can make the buttons to match the colors/pattern you are using. Good luck.

3. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently came across a very easy, quick pattern for small butterflies and have been using them to decorate things that I have used flowers on in the past, such as hats and caps, vests, and handbags.

Post Thanks / Like
    trueblue2007, you have to post the pattern if you talk about something. Not really but everyone would love to see your butterflies. If you need help posting it just check the help button on the top of this page. Welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shelly (nice name BTW lol). I'm not the creator of the Clemson totes and wristlets, I was only commenting and giving some of my ideas for embellishing them.

Yes we definitely love our SEC college football in the south, no doubt about it!! Anyone who's ever spent any time in the southeastern U.S. knows it's a big part of our lifestyle and passion in the fall. I have TONS of family in the Myrtle Beach area in So. Carolina. Thanks to my grandfather who fathered 27 children (that I know of) I'm probably related to most everyone who lives there. I'm blessed to live in the beautiful Tennessee Valley area of North Alabama. Anytime I go out of town, when I'm driving back home and nearing the area where I live, I can't help but think that this is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

xoxo
    Shelley

7. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother lives in the far northwest part of SC....in the mountains. From his house you can see Table Rock. Greenville is about 40 miles away. We pass through Johnson City, TN on our way to brother's place. He's taken us into TN, ALA, NC for day trips throughout the years. We even did the beach thing...Myrtle Beach, Folly Beach and Pawley's Island. My skin doesn't like the sun (never did) so I've never been a beach person but I sure love to hear the ocean waves rolling in at night. Are you planning on going to the 2014 Hooker Convention in TN in June? Sorry I got the wrong person for the actual making of the totes but I really liked what you had to say. My name is Michele but as a little girl relatives and family called me Shelly. When I hear "Shelly", to me it means the people I love most are near so I decided to use that here for the same reason. I've met and chatted with some very nice people who make me feel like CT is a huge family.
    I know what you mean about coming home. Whenever we come home from visiting in SC, you can just smell the difference in the air as you get closer to home (of course we have a lot of farms in Lancaster County but I don't mean that smell LOL). We take our dogs along and pretty much as soon as we are near the Lancaster Co. line, they wake up and start looking around knowing that we'll soon be home. What a great feeling HUGS, from Shelly to you Shelley You're pretty neat in my mind......

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi trueblue. Shelly here....I know Faye already broached this subject; but, is it possible for you to share the patterns for the butterflies you are talking about? My 3 granddaughters would love butterflies that Nana made for them. They just love butterflies. I can see adding sequins here and there for sparkle and perhaps a bead or two.....I think I might have to add one to my crocheted clutch that I added a fake flower (I like to add stuff the girls like so I can still be the coolest best Nana in the world). A few snips of thread and I can change whatever I've added...totally depends on my mood (or if I'll be with my hubby....no accessory stuff when I'm with him-he has no sense of style LOL). So, back to the question, are you able to share any patterns or will you post some pics of these cute butterflies? Thanks a bunch, trueblue. HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    @Shelly yea sounds like we've spent some time in the same little small southern towns. I've visited Lancaster Co. PA probably about 10-12 years ago when my sis was doing her medical residency in PA. I loved Lancaster! There's so much "history" that's still being lived out today in our modern times. Fascinating to me! And the Amish quilts... well there's nothing like them!

xxx
    Shelley

P.S. I gotta say "War Eagle!!" Big game tomorrow against LSU... gonna be a tough game for my Auburn Tigers...

11. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sometimes add butterflies. Generally when I get tired of flowers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently discovered a book at my library called "How to Make 100 Crochet Appliques" by Deborah Burger. It has patterns for all kinds of great ideas: flowers, leaves, seasonal, gardening, animals and birds. . . . . I liked the book so much that I ordered it from Amazon. Well worth the investment.

Linda

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post