Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    We disconnected cable tv in 1988 and watched only then video tapes and went on to dvds in the early 2000s. My video/dvd library is huge! We did this because cable tv was a waste of time and money. I was homeschooling then 2 kids and in the 1990s 3 kids. So I wanted to eliminate the availability of TVWhen my son moved back home with his Xbox he got us hooked on Netflix and Hulu plus which he paid for. Well he lived with us for 2 years and got us hooked on shows like Bones, Once Upon A Time, Eurika, Revolution. He moved out this past May, but when he did he bought us a device that got us all of that and still pays the Hulu plus account.
    As far as crocheting with the TV. When every I want background noise for crocheting I put on Little House. I own the complete 10 seasons! Maybe I just like the old fashion atmosphere it extends into my house.....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I see we share the same TV programming too Li Roe. I can watch them over and over and never get tired of them. I do not like the new reality shows at all, unless you call Duck Dynasty a reality show??? They are funny and I love their family values.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I usually have the tv on but really listening to my crime shows that are my favorites (Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, Law & Order) and often I have the tv on, the laptop on and I crochet in between while playing words with friends on my iPhone. Guess I can't get away from "overlapping" like we had to do when I worked. LOL!!!!!

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    It has to be something I have already seen so I can take my eyes off the screen to watch my work. The longer movies are best like LOTR, Gladiator, Braveheart, anything that is 3 hours or more. Another way I do it is while watching my favorite shows on Netflix. When one episode ends, I just hit a single button on the remote and the next one starts up. No interruptions!

4. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I do all of my crocheting watching tv, and it doesn't matter what the show is..... not to say that is all I do, cause I don't! I find that I get restless just watching without having some project in my hands... I am a real movie buff, new or old, they all work for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a real TV fan, except on Tuesday nights in the fall when NCIS, NCIS LA are on, otherwise I crochet while the movies are, if I miss something it doesn't bother me.

7. Likes merseaone liked this post