Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: 2 strands

Post Thanks / Like
    2 strands-yarn-winder-001-jpg2 strands-yarn-winder-002-jpg2 strands-yarn-winder-003-jpgThis is an interesting subject using more than one strand of yarn for a project. while my brother was inventing "The Original Knit n Spin", he asked me if anybody ever uses 2 different yarns at one time. I told him yes and some people use more than that, too. He is working on making a knit n spin that will hold 2 different yarns at one time. I will be bringing at least one back from SC on Sept 23. I am thinking how much easier it will be for double yarn users. For now I am posting pics of the single yarn holder again for those who missed it in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. This has been great for me to use and has enabled me to do more crocheting or knitting with less tendonitis problems because I am not constantly pulling yarn from a ball. Happy crocheting everyone. Any questions or anything, let me know and I'll get back to ya. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes Justlinda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the advice,,btw,, yarn vomit is a new phrase for me

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha. I remember the first time I saw that on here I was wondering what in the world in yarn vomit. I have no idea what is going on and I am probably too inexperienced and stupid to be on a site where everyone knows what is going on. So I just would read different forums and comments until I realized I was so wrong about myself. I belong here as much as everyone else does. If I remember, yarn vomit is when you get to a big knotted clump of yarn that just looks like someone chewed it up and spit it out....hence, yarn vomit. Now you can use that phrase with confidence and impress all your friends and neighbors with your extensive knowledge of the correct yarn terms LOL. HUGS, Shelly
    It's ok, I'm not all right and I'm not all left either but weaving around somewhere in the middle unless I've fallen and can't get up, then I'm down. And no, I don't drink any alcohol, just being me is a hard enough job without mixing brain numbing stuff in my head. Have a great evening

6. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    And in case, some don't like yarn vomit, another term I have heard is yarn barf.

LI Roe

8. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    good one Roe....reminds me of when my dogs are sick tho LOL......haven't heard that before but I like it. Thanks for sharing. HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsynr View Post
    I usually wind two skeins together. That way, if there are knots or yarn vomit, I can take care of the mess BEFORE I start working.
    That's a really good idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love using two strands of yarn together. I take one of the small specialty yarns in a variegated color and put it with a solid matching color and then just work a simple DC stitch to make afghans and scarves with. I love the Boucle yarns for this, but they are getting difficult to find and JoAnn's is discontinuing them. It is so soft and warm though. I put one ball of yarn on each side then pull up some so I don't have any tension while I am stitching from the yarn pulling.

Judi G

12. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really going to have to give that a try,,thank for the advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    I love using two strands of yarn together. I take one of the small specialty yarns in a variegated color and put it with a solid matching color and then just work a simple DC stitch to make afghans and scarves with. I love the Boucle yarns for this, but they are getting difficult to find and JoAnn's is discontinuing them. It is so soft and warm though. I put one ball of yarn on each side then pull up some so I don't have any tension while I am stitching from the yarn pulling.

Judi G
    I've done that, too, Judi. I made a whole bunch of scarves for Christmas gifts using Fun Fur and matching yarn. They turned out really cute and fuzzy!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

15. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, I have purchased some of the varigated eyelash yarn for only $1.00 a skein at ACMoore. I would like to use your idea if you give the "ok" to make some fun scarves. I sure hope ACMoore still has some of that eyelash yarn on sale. Using a double knit n spin, I should have a scarf done pretty quickly (as soon as I recover from this kidney stone incident). Thanks, Judi, I love your idea. HUGS, Shelly