Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had kids from either marriage so I never had that feeling of empty nest at school time. But I did see something on tv again this morning, can't remember what state she is in but this mom does her celebration dance each year when school starts. She is outside dancing away as the school bus leaves, taping herself and it is hysterical. Guess she is a happy camper when the kids go back to school. This is the fifth year in a row. Not sure how the kids feel but she is having a grand old time.

LI Roe

2. Likes lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roseanna: I am going with my daughter to take Matthew for first day of Kindergarten. I said before I wish I could be a little bird and stay all afternoon!!!! When he went for orientation the other day they made balloons and put index cards for feet. Then they used permanent markers to draw faces. The teacher asked if he wanted to put eyelashes on his balloon man. In his loudest voice he said, no, he wanted to have eyebrows like a beard!!!! He was to write his name on the paper at the top where it says My Name Is....so he wrote my name is! Mom said she did not even know he could write his letters. I have worked with him on them some but he always gets tired of it and says it is dumb and stupid! So it could be interesting!

How are you today? Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here on a smaller scale. My 8 yo granddaughter @ daughter live with us. Love her nut it's great when school starts. They are busy & I can do whatever I want to do Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that is funny. I too wonder how her kids feel about it though.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I never had kids from either marriage so I never had that feeling of empty nest at school time. But I did see something on tv again this morning, can't remember what state she is in but this mom does her celebration dance each year when school starts. She is outside dancing away as the school bus leaves, taping herself and it is hysterical. Guess she is a happy camper when the kids go back to school. This is the fifth year in a row. Not sure how the kids feel but she is having a grand old time.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Our youngest daughter has my utmost respect and admiration, for many reasons....but a big one is, she homeschools her kids and there are 7 of them! And she is expecting #8 in late March. She is one of those people who was just born to be a mother and she is so good at it. She is patient and loving under all circumstances. Just so you know I'm not kidding, here is a stairstep picture of them:

Grand kids back in school....yeah!!!-stairsteps-jpg
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, I can't imagine keeping that many children fed, let along all the laundry....lol. God bless your daughter.
    Judi G

9. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette: OMG your daughter must be a saint!!! I was lucky to raise a son and a daughter without going too crazy. My mother had 5 and to this day I am sure she hid the crazy from us!!!!! Bless your daughter's heart. She should join the Duggars!!!!! You are a wonderful mother to have raised such a precious daughter! Shirley

11. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody be sure to click on the picture of my grandkids to make it bigger so you can see - they are really happy, cute kids!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama