Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

All in one piece

I am crocheting a all in one sweater, for the life of me I can't figure how it will all come together. It is called "the easiest sweater in the world" and I got the pattern from thevelvetpumpkin/sweater.html. you only have to stitch up the sides when you are finished, But I don't get how you go over the top and down the other side. Can someone explain this to me. I am an almost beginner. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you post the name of the site or a link? Also is that the name of the sweater, easiest sweater in the world?? I can't find the pattern without more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Could you post the name of the site or a link? Also is that the name of the sweater, easiest sweater in the world?? I can't find the pattern without more info.
    I found it, Faye. Here is a link:

The Velvet Pumpkin
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, it is an easy pattern but I would have chosen a more structured pattern with clearly written instructions that you have to follow for a beginner. Making a sweater is an ambitious project for a beginner. We usually advice doing smaller easier patterns so you don't get discouraged when it is difficult. All of that to say this: you are measuring yourself of whoever you are making this for. You are making the body to your measurements and then you are chaining stitches the length of your arm on one side and then across the body you are doing your stitch and then on the other side you chain the length of your arm again and then back across the body and the sleeves. When the sleeve is large enough to go half way around your arm with some ease then you are going to work the pattern from the edge of the sleeve to where your neck opening should be and you chain enough stitches to make a neck opening and skip the same number of stitches on the body of the sweater now you will have a chain hanging in the middle and stitches on both sides of it. The next row will be on the body and sleeves of the sweater and that chained row. So now you are making the other side of the sweater from the top down. You will need to make sure the sleeves are large enough and when you get them done you will only work on the body. I didn't read how you stop the sleeve. I imagine you slip stitch until you reach where the sleeve ends and the body begins. I'll go back and look for that and edit this post. Ok, I was wrong you will do the hdc across one sleeve and body and then turn at the end of the body and leave the sleeve not done on that row. Then when you go back over the body you stop and turn at the end of the body leaving that row of the sleeve undone and continue until your body is long enough. I hope this clears it up for you and someone who is more experienced with sweater patterns may know how to explain it more clearly. The weekend doesn't have as many people posting but tomorrow will probably have someone else to help. Good luck!!!
    Last edited by twinfaye; 08-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found directions (not a pattern) on Google for a long sweater coat. It is only 5 rectangles-back,2 fronts,2 sleeves. Measurements are your own body and then make it in any stitch you choose. Joining is as easy as you can imagine. Bet this could also be used for a sweater if shortened. Just an idea.

6. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You so much it sounded easy when I read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you read through the pattern it seems confusing, but if you just take your time and follow each step as it is written you should not have any trouble. The pattern is not written like patterns usually are written, so it is really not a good choice for afirst sweater. But don't get discouraged and if you get stuck, we are all here to help you.
    Shirly