Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Yarn Scraps

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them as stich markers.

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your ideas Could you please tell me how you finish off the ends of all of the yarns without it looking a mess.I am new to this and would like to use some of my scraps but I have hesitated . Thankyou. Mavis

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mavis, I usually split my yarn end, wind half back around the stitch, knot it, then crochet over it. This helps to keep the stitches from ravelling out when the item is washed. If you are doing a lacy item, split and knot twice then trim. Hope this helps. Good Luck, Later Gaters! Kit

6. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mavis, I wave the ends back through the stiches. There are several web sites that help in learning how to crochet.
    "The Crochet Crowd" is one and Red Hart Yarn site have videos on how to crochet. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scrap afghan I'm working on one right now this is it so farYarn Scraps-543424_575929089120264_1423577781_n-jpgYarn Scraps-scrap-jpgYarn Scraps-scrap2-jpgYarn Scraps-scrap3-jpg
    Happy Crocheting

9. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice Sarah1313! I want to learn the ripple stitch sometime. Is it hard to do?

11. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    looks nice Sarah1313! I want to learn the ripple stitch sometime. Is it hard to do?
    Jean, I've made tons of ripple afghans. They aren't hard at all, you use a single crochet or double crochet, depending on the pattern you use. The only hard part is that you really have to count your stitches as you go, on every row. If you don't count, and accidentally skip a stitch, you will mess up where you have the hills and valleys in the pattern.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

13. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love making afghans with the ripple stitch, it isn't hard at all and is quite fun! They have at Wal - mart a book for ripple stitch which illustrates easily, they have some at Michaels and Joannes as well! Good luck! If you need help just ask! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I had to delete post since the attachments weren't coming out. Sorry. It was two scrap yarn afghans I did a while ago. I will play around and see if I can get them to post on this thread.

LI Roe
    [url]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/LIRoe/brightripple_zps31767339.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/LIRoe/brightafghan_zps11dd3653.jpg[/url]

Back again, hopefully these will show up.

Yeah, it worked.
    Last edited by LI Roe; 08-31-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: trying to post pics

16. Likes amanda, b.wieber liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    scrap afghans are pretty!