Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

crocheted bedspread

Hi Everyone

It has been awhile since I have posted last. If ya'll remember I mentioned that my sister and I (+ daughter) was going to open a resale shop and we are doing just that, we did run into a few glitzes, I guess that is normal when it comes to going into business for yourself...Our main selling items will be vintage, antiques, and collectibles and of course anything else we come across in storage units (that we bid on and win at storage auctions) Along with "picking" (anyone watch American Pickers?) We call ourselves "pickers" but not like the show...on trash nights two of us will go out picking thru other peoples trash, LOL, it could be clean outs from a foreclosure, or a move out and the people hired to clean the house does just that bag up everything and anything and put it to the curb, some of you may be surprised what others throw away, for example in a big toy box I found a silver bracelet and necklace from Tiffany's. The other day we came across a few crocheted vintaged doilies and a crocheted bedspread, which brings me back here to my crochey buddies (and knitting buddies) The bedspread is very old, how do I wash it? It also has some stains which I am not sure exactly what they are, what do you suggest I use to help remove the stains?

Tigg

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - good luck with your business. Sounds like fun, and work, lol.

I found this article about removing stains from vintage crochet linens. Hope it helps with the bedspread.

How to Clean Vintage Crochet Items - Submit an Entry: Your Laundry Questions and Answers
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Annette

Oh my gosh you are so right, it is fun but also a lot of work....work I hope that pays off...LOL...thank you for the link on how to wash and get out the stains on this crochet bedspread.....what I don't understand is how can people throw away such beautiful work? I myself as well as everyone that crochets or knits....knows how much time, effort and love that goes into our projects....even money (to buy the thread and or yarn)...

Tigg

5. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigg View Post
    Hi Annette

Oh my gosh you are so right, it is fun but also a lot of work....work I hope that pays off...LOL...thank you for the link on how to wash and get out the stains on this crochet bedspread.....what I don't understand is how can people throw away such beautiful work? I myself as well as everyone that crochets or knits....knows how much time, effort and love that goes into our projects....even money (to buy the thread and or yarn)...

Tigg
    Hope you can get the stains out. And, yes I know, people just amaze me with what they throw away. That's why your business will be a success - "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    or woman's lol

8. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have use Oxi-clean with very good results on old tablecloths (fabric) and crocheted items. Sometime you have to soak them overnight and reaply the solution. I suggest you rinse, rinse and rinse some more. If not, the item will be stiff and probably cause more problems.
    deneville