Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

bernat Pipsqueak yarn

does anyone have a simple crochet pattern using this yarn for a baby shower present? I bought it at walmart yesterday because I thought it was so pretty and soft, but after I started working with it - it is kind of difficult to see the stitches, but still love the way it feels. I'm open to suggestions. The baby shower is not this coming Saturday, but Saturday week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want to make a blanket? OR???? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    really doesn't matter. kind of want something unique. blankets are always something that is given. any other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen those buntings but I don't have a pattern. Perhaps ask in Pattern forum if anyone has a pattern? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am slow to answer this one but I just wanted to pass along what I do with this type of yarn. I take a color to match of regular yarn and work up the specialty yarn along with the regular yarn together. It makes a nice soft fabric when finished. I don't try doing anything other then a DC with them though because the stitches are difficult to see and often a little hard to pull out if there is a mistake.

I have made several large afghans like this and everyone loves them, they are so cozy and snuggly.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    does anyone have a simple crochet pattern using this yarn for a baby shower present? I bought it at walmart yesterday because I thought it was so pretty and soft, but after I started working with it - it is kind of difficult to see the stitches, but still love the way it feels. I'm open to suggestions. The baby shower is not this coming Saturday, but Saturday week.

6. Likes amanda, Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi: I have to check out this yarn. I had in my mind it was something else. I think your suggestion is a good one! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, I have used the other yarns like this and I like it. It gives strength to the specialty yarns (what I call them) and you still get some of the frills of it. I just checked and I do have some of the same yarn in my stash in white with a variegated baby yarn to go along with it, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi: That sounds perfect. Gives just a bit of bling to the blanket!!! Am going out tomorrow so will look at Joann's here. Thanks for the tip. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, let us know what you find.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made several Pipsqueak blankets. I crochet the diagonal one. Used a K hook. Went fast and you can "feel" the stitches as you go.
    They are just yummy for wrapping a wee one in.

12. Likes Judi Gums liked this post