Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    does anyone have a simple crochet pattern using this yarn for a baby shower present? I bought it at walmart yesterday because I thought it was so pretty and soft, but after I started working with it - it is kind of difficult to see the stitches, but still love the way it feels. I'm open to suggestions. The baby shower is not this coming Saturday, but Saturday week.
    I don't know what pipsqueak yarn is but I started to make the baby cocoon and hat. The pattern is easy. I have the cocoon made. I just have to get around to making the hat sometime. The pattern is online. I've also have done bib overalls for a baby before, but that takes a bit longer to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, i am actually doing a cocoon right now and it is pretty easy and with that yarn - it is really pretty and feels oh so soft. love the feel of it. Thanks so much. Do you have the bib overalls pattern? I would really like it if you wouldn't mind sharing.
    Thanks. Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Sounds like you are getting so much done! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a really cute baby gift that worked up quick and easy and looked adorable. They call them Blanket Buddies, but they are really not big enough to be called a blanket. Maybe they intend them to be made to go with a blanket? Anyway, I just made this for my one-year old granddaughter and it turned out sooo cute!

They show it made with a cotton yarn, but I'll bet it would be so nice with the Pipsqueak. It might turn out a little bigger, which would be okay.

Here is a link to the pattern: I think the link will take you directly to the pattern.

Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked at the free patterns that are available on the Bernat web site?
    Bernat: Bernat Pipsqueak - Free Knitting and Crochet Patterns!

There are some really cute ideas there!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are really pretty yarns. May have to order. I have not seen any at Joann's or Michaels! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    yeah, i am actually doing a cocoon right now and it is pretty easy and with that yarn - it is really pretty and feels oh so soft. love the feel of it. Thanks so much. Do you have the bib overalls pattern? I would really like it if you wouldn't mind sharing.
    Thanks. Have a blessed day.

Hi sassy0212,
    If you google lionbrand-cuddly soft baby outfit #45601 and then click on the one that says cuddly soft baby outfit & rainbow afghan booklet from Lion by etsy and scroll down and you'll see a picture of it.

If you google leisurearts -cuddly soft baby outfit # 45601, they have other baby patterns and some of them have baby layette pattern booklets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ideas Judi Gums! I love the idea of using different "specialty" yarns along with DMC floss... Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is a pretty yarn but I'm not so sure I was attempt to crochet with it. I'm just lazy when it comes to having to "hunt" my stitches! LOL I do like the idea of holding a strand of plain yarn with it, that would make it so much easier. Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    The trick to this yarn is using a bigger hook? I have tried to crochet with it and found the same problem with not being able to see the stitches. I have two balls each of white, pink and blue. A quick baby blanket sounds good and could even try a larger hook like a size M or so. Thank you Lee 1313. Also using to go with another type of yarn would be pretty once it is made up.