Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Amigurumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done a few that require a few hdc and and a few sl st (these are usually to put a curve in a tail the dragon I did required hdc and sl st) but not many most require a sc
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using the little pieces of yarn is genius. I LOVE amigurumi. It's fun because it's never boring. Don't give up, keep practicing. You'll get to a point where you won't really need a pattern anymore (you can just look at a pic & make it). Good luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    ThinkJesus- I was thinking about the whole using the scraps at least for some of the stuffing for the simple fact, I really hate to waste things. I had found a few patterns that I intend to make, they are little water drop amigurumis. But i found to make the water drops and flame sparks. seems like it'll be something easy and fun to try after I finish this incredibly large project I am working on now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepxy View Post
    ThinkJesus- I was thinking about the whole using the scraps at least for some of the stuffing for the simple fact, I really hate to waste things. I had found a few patterns that I intend to make, they are little water drop amigurumis. But i found to make the water drops and flame sparks. seems like it'll be something easy and fun to try after I finish this incredibly large project I am working on now.
    Here is a link to Crochet Soup, which is an amigurumi website. I think the guy who makes them was posting on here for a while. He also has an Etsy shop. I believe he said that he stuffs all of his creations with yarn. With all the things he's made, I'm sure he has lots left over, and it keeps his costs down.

Crochetsoup
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Buggainok - Thank you so much for that site. I am gonna take some time and look that all over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All, I do some Amigurumi too, search engine brings up a bunch of sites, thx! Darlene

Post Thanks / Like
    are these the clouds - one is white & smiling, one is grey with rain drops & dk grey one is frowning with a lightning bolt?

Post Thanks / Like
    ThinkJesus- No it's not clouds. One of the random pages I followed posted this up one day and the admin said that she made a water drop, a fire spark. I thought it was nifty.

[URL="http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wendy-the-water-drop"]Water Drop[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it is sooo easy. Main thing you want to remember is to mark the beginning of each round or you'll get terribly lost and end up pulling it out since there are so many increases and decreases. I've make some pretty cool things. Ravelry.com is my favorite site and it has TONS of free patterns for ya. Hope you enjoy doing it as much as I did.

11. Likes Firepxy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love amigurum, and I, too, thought the sewing would be a drawback, but I find it's not that hard and not that much. I picked up a helpful hint from Stacey Trock's [U]Cuddly Crochet[U]. When you sew the head to the neck, pull the yarn tight to give a nice, defined neck.
    Stacey Trock has several very good amigurumi books that explains every stitich, supply, and technique she uses in the patterns. I agree with MsBhaven; stuff more than you think you need to. If your stitches are nice and tight, the stuffing won't show.