Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Another Awesome place to buy yarn

Toronto's Biggest Yarn Store

If you are in the Toronto area this is a great place to get yarn at great deal. I was there yesterday with a friend. The place was filled from floor to ceiling with yarn. Also lots of books (some vintage). I felt like a kid in a candy store.

2. Likes GrammaJoe, wenda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. I may have to start taking field trips now. LOL.

LI Roe

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Okay. I may have to start taking field trips now. LOL.

LI Roe
    Me too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me three!!!! I noticed in the Michaels ad today that Sugar and Cream thread is $1.49. Said normally they are $1.99. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh! Without my traveling companion, I doubt I'll ever get near Toronto in my life. The nearest I ever came was when we were in Michigan and Wisconsin. Guess I'll just have to root you ladies on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarn stores are limited here too...I've been ordering online from Joann Fabric lately, but it's just not the same as being able to feel and look at all those beautiful colors and textures. We are limited to Michaels, Joann Fabric, & Hobby Lobby here. Oh, and Walmart has a limited supply. I'm in Joliet, IL so if anyone knows of some good yarn stores in the Chicagoland area, would LOVE to know! Thanks from Monica.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the same stores here in NC. I grew up in Carpentersville, Illinois many moons ago. It's much different there now then when I was there I understand. Glad to be out of the cold winters, but the hot summers are a killer at times here.

Happy stitching Monica,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by ladyspaniels View Post
    Yarn stores are limited here too...I've been ordering online from Joann Fabric lately, but it's just not the same as being able to feel and look at all those beautiful colors and textures. We are limited to Michaels, Joann Fabric, & Hobby Lobby here. Oh, and Walmart has a limited supply. I'm in Joliet, IL so if anyone knows of some good yarn stores in the Chicagoland area, would LOVE to know! Thanks from Monica.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a very interesting site. Thanks for sharing!
    But the one thing that disturbs me when I look at their website is that there is no policy, privacy or shipping information. I am really hesitant to provide my personal information (especially credit card info) when there isn't an secure connection.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Val: I agree with you. I would be hesitant to buy from there! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll go on the field trip with you gals but you'll have to promise to put me in a straightjacket before we go in and you have to hide my checkbook and credit cards.

13. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post