Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn sale at Walmart

Someone posted the other day about yarn being marked down at Walmart. I couldn't find the original post but wanted to tell you that my Walmart had some yarn marked down too. I looked in the yarn section and didn't really find anything. If you know me you know I have to check out the clearance isles if at all possible. That is where I found the marked down yarn. So if you look at your Walmart and don't find it in the yarn section, find the clearance isle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found yarn also in clearance, sometimes it is not marked with a price so I check it on the price scanner to see and often find it on sale. Then I go to the regular yarn section (again, sometimes there are stickers with sale prices, sometimes not) and check a few skeins. This Walmart has 1/2 aisle of yarn now so there isn't much to check but I have found some great prices.

LI Roe

3. Likes SweetARoma liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a few skeins at a Walmart north of me last week. Sale prices were marked on the shelf. Just certain colors but some were less than half price. Yesterday I was a the Walmart south of me and there was shopping cart full sitting in the aisle. It was not maked but there was a clerk who scanned them to get the price for me. Hubby was even digging in the basket with me to see what was there. I got a few colors of baby yarn just because it was on sale...today I found out my neice is expecting...now I'm wanting to go another direction and check out another Walmart.....

5. Likes SweetARoma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure miss the big craft section wall mart use to have.. now all they have is 1 or 2 rolls.. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

7. Likes amanda, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been lucky to find a little marked down yarn at Walmart too. I got some for only 1.50 per skein (Red Heart) in the Cherry Cola that I love. Now I can make my afghan AGAIN after making it once and giving it to my son....hah.

Happy hunting everyone.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Walmart has very little yarn around here!Guess they decided New Yorkers don't crochet or knit much
    Even the fabric is scarce
    Went to So Carolina to my daughter and was in my glory down there!!Walmart had all kind of craft stuff there
    Gosh they had to hog tie me and drag me out of there !!!LOL

Hestoria/Lillian

10. Likes amanda, SweetARoma, billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I popped over to my closest Walmart today and found different skeins on clearance in two different areas. Red Heart Super Saver was $1.50 and $2 on selected colors, yes I did buy a few, they cried until I put them in my cart. Peaches and Crème Cone Cotton at $5 each, they had blue and yellow which are the exterior colors of my house and I use those colors on my patio since I have a tropical theme. Did buy them also. They also had Homespun for $2, Caron Simply Soft at $2 also and Bernat Baby Blanket and Red Heart Sashay also at $2. Those I passed on for now. By the time I bought sneakers on sale (like four pairs, I walk a lot and go through sneakers constantly) and was walking home, could only carry so much.

But there is always tomorrow or the next day, LOL.

LI Roe

12. Likes KathyL., billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You made a killing girl friend!!!!! Good for you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    hi all i dont know where you are all from but the walmart near me i love they have a whole isle of yarn and last month i got the big one pounder of yarn on sale and didnt know it till i checked my receipt in the car i got white on sale and tan i am trying to make my grandson a teddy bear blanket love my walmart lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked our Walmart on Friday and it appeared that they were getting rid of a bunch of yarn because some of the bins were empty. It was marked down but not enough to call it a good deal; like only 1.00 off. Shirley