Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Diagram Generator

Hi, I was wondering if anyone new of software online that can make a crochet diagram.

I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!
    Heather

2. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...something is posted in the links and resources. I am not sure if it is exactly what you need though. Others will be along here shortly to post comments as well.

4. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one that I have found. I've only looked at the sample program. It costs about $50 and I haven't felt like paying for the program at this time. The sample does not let you save or print anything but you can get the help manual and try working with it a bit. Crochet Charts | Stitch Works Software
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatherg23 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone new of software online that can make a crochet diagram.

I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!

Heather

6. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Heather, here is a link on how to set it up by using Excel - Its titled for knitting, but you should easily be able to use it for crochet.
    ChemKnits: How to Make a Knitting Chart in Excel (Part 1 - Setting up the Chart)

I believe there is a site out there also with a program you can download, will be back if I find it

This is another site I found, she has a tutorial on how she does her charts on Excel, but she also includes a web link. Hope one of the links will help you!

Crochet Parfait: Making Your Own Crochet or Knitting Charts

Have fun!!
    Last edited by rosieh20; 08-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.

8. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Heather, I would like that information, too, if you find it! My mom-in-law finds it nearly impossible to decipher patterns but can read the diagrams just fine. It would be a great gift for her. Please let me know if you find it! Thanks! Dianna P (aka: bonks1031)

10. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm. Crochet charts tend to be complicated with the different symbols for the various stitches. I've seen some generators that you can buy, but I have yet to find a free one. I'm on a fixed income, so I prefer free. Let me know if anyone finds a freebee.

12. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet Lathe I don't know if this will help you, but this is a free site with instructions that can generate crochet patterns (not diagrams). Just thought I'd throw it out there if it might help.