Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!!! Back up and running!

I have been without a computer since the end of May, what a nightmare. Only thing that kept me going was I and a local friend had started a Crochet-A-Long together and we made the Dubonnet Poncho on Red Heart.com using the Unforgettable yarn in Winery, same color as in the pattern. We have picked a couple more patterns to work on in the near future. We have a coffee shop that we met at and really enjoyed ourselves.

I wish I had the ability to post a pic, but I do not. I am very pleased with how it turned out and I really enjoyed the crochet-a-long with my friend. I will give mine to one of my grand daughters when the seasons change, no need for a poncho in 90 degrees.

I have missed a lot I am sure but will try to catch up now that I have a new computer.

For anyone interested in the pattern it is:
    www.redheart/dubonnetponcho.com

Judi G

2. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are back up and running. I would be so lost if I didn't have access to my computers, I get a lot of bills online as well as reminders from the DMV and plus I would miss all my online friends. Enjoy being back.

I didn't think I could post pics either since while I can find my way around computers, I am not the most computer literate person around. But I watched the video on this site and wrote down the instructions on how to post a pic and after a couple of tries, I got them posted. So it wasn't bad at all. Just a suggestion.

Am going to check out the site you provided, didn't quite come up so I am going directly into RedHeart.

LI Roe

Found it, very pretty and love the colors.
    Last edited by LI Roe; 07-07-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: add comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi: Glad you are back in action! Isn't it amazing that for so many years we did not have computers, cell phones, tablets blah blah and somehow we got along OK. Now I panic without my laptop and phone!!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are Back!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you did the Crochet-a-Long with your friend. Surely keeps your sanity intact!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean Lili, I haven't gotten hooked on using my cell phone for more then making phone calls so far, but that has taken a lot of strength. I just love all these things but I don't like all the time that is lost once I get on, so I try to limit myself. Plus it cuts into my crochet time. hah!

I started another poncho yesterday in a larger size, in the hopes it will fit me this time. This pattern calls for different size hooks to change sizes.

I highly recommend getting together with someone and doing a Crochet-A-Long, especially on a pattern that may be a little more advanced, most of the time I find understand the instructions is half the battle, and two heads are always better then one.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered where you'd gone, Judi! I was gone for a while too and didn't see any posts from you when I returned. Glad you are back online!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Thereas L, nice to know someone noticed....hah. So what have you been working on these days? I have the poncho going, plus I am always working on the granny lapghans that I make for my local group. I can't just work on them alone or I would go goofy....or goofier then I already am. In the list of things to do next is a vest and another motif type vest that my friend has a pattern for. It looks like it will be worked along as you go, so no sewing motifs together, thankfully. I am trying to branch out and learn to make some simple clothing items finally.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    I wondered where you'd gone, Judi! I was gone for a while too and didn't see any posts from you when I returned. Glad you are back online!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi glad your back! I tried to see your poncho from your post but it said can't be displayed! I'll go to red heart and hopefully I can find it! Welcome back! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amanda, Yes, please go to Red Hearts website and search Dubonnet Poncho, sorry I didn't get it posted correctly.
    Judi

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Hi Judi glad your back! I tried to see your poncho from your post but it said can't be displayed! I'll go to red heart and hopefully I can find it! Welcome back! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!