Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My darling son bought me a light up crochet hook but....

I am not sure about it. I am having problem with tip of the hook..it is pointed but that is not the problem. When light is on it is sooooo bright it hurts my eyes..like almost makes me see spots. I covered a very tiny spot on end with duct tape and it seems to help but does anyone else that has one ..have this problem??

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have the same problem, and at last, someone else understands
    I thought of putting a dab of nail polish on that pesky, too bright tip.
    Maybe a semi opague tint, what do you think?

Between forgetting to buy some polish and being absolutely great at
    procastination, I haven't tried it yet, lol. I think I will look around here some more
    before I buy the polish.

How do you like the crochet hook otherwise? I find it to be very light weight and easy to handle,
    and I love that grip area. It works well for most yarns.

3. Likes NanGreen, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish the 1 I bought a few months ago had that problem, mine probably needs new battery! Try putting a little tape on the pesky spot like Dr. tape, paper tape, or a bit of duct tape. I was trying to think of the white tapes names, they are usually by the neosphorin at Walmart! I have no idea just a suggestion! Good luck! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have lights on hook
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have a lighted hook either. The bright light would make me nuts I am afraid. When I first put batteries in my Kindle light it is so bright, but at least that I can adjust. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought about nail polish that is a good idea..gonna try it ..see if it works..if not I can always use remover and take it off. the tape works too but I am afraid that it will come off after a while. Mine is light weight too..it works ok..it is just the light that is driving me nuts.

8. Likes amanda, NanGreen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I must have weird eyes because I love my lighted hook - especially when using it with black or navy colored yarn.

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it would work well on the dark colors. I have to sit in a really good light to work with those colors. I think it is just the shine that bothers my eyes. Glad it works well for you!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    well, you know, different eye conditions are bothered by light. I know with Glaucoma, you need more light, but lights shining in your eyes (like headlights) make it really hard on your eyes, plus you could see halos around it. Maybe you guys need to suggest to the manufactor that they need a 2 level switch, or a light cover llike on night lights so you could direct the light where you need it.
    Good luck, Just some thoughts. Let me know what works, as I've been thinking of getting one.
    Joy Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Good ideas joyannerose; I don't like to drive at night any more because of the halos. I don't have glaucoma but do have the start of cataracts. Doc said it probably would be several more years before I will need surgery for them. I do wear contacts and then have reading glasses and I think the contacts at night contribute to the halos! A 2 level switch would be perfect!!!! shirley