Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  55
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Thread: Wearable s

Post Thanks / Like

Wearable s

I've made oodles of afghans, doilies, novelty items, and tote bags. Now it's time to try a garment (I think). I hate putting things together and I guess that is why I shy away from squares for afghans. So the least of joining the better. I thought a shrug might be good??? Whatcha think? I need it to go up to a 2 or 3x size. Sadly, I am a big girl. -
    Pam

2. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, clara, fabiana, Gessy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a plan to me. I have always wanted a crocheted skirt..seen lots of nice ones on pintrest..thinking they would be easy also.

4. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Afraid a skirt might not be so attractive on me. Might look like big lacy rubber ball!

6. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know what you decide - we always like to know what everyone is working on!

8. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any pattern ideas?

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wearable s-img_0189-jpgHmmm, A shrug would be good but the ones I have made almost made me loose my mind so I am not recommending them. Well it was called a bolero. Hmm, I made my first sweater and that pattern was easy for me. It is crocheted from the neck down so you can adjust the size as you go. It did fit well but I didn't like the color so I only wore it once or twice. Oh, I have a picture of it on here. I'll look for it and go advanced and post the picture. Now be warned I am not a little girl either and not much to look at but I'll show you. I took the picture of myself. I forgot you need a camisole under it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: The sweater is gorgeous and looks good on you. I love the lavender on you. Is there anything you can't do? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam: Did you start the ripple afghan? How about a lacy shawl? Shirley

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, you are so good for my ego!! I can't do structured things very well. I don't have a great selection of sweaters and one that I made came out good but after wearing it I was so disappointed as it stretched from a 1X to about a 4X and that wasn't from washing only from wearing. I am planning to frog it to at least regain the yarn.

16. Likes amanda, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: I did that one time. My aunt, bless her heart, knitted a white and black striped skirt for me, sheath-like, and long to the floor and she was so proud she had done it. I used reused the yarn. It was god-awful but would never have told her that! She was slightly non-compismentus (that a word?) so it was really an accomplishment!!!! BTW, that was why I quit sewing for myself and the kids way back because the patterns changed and the sizes were not as true as they had been, or maybe it was me HAHA! Shirley

18. Likes amanda, Purple Dahlias liked this post