Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Wearable s

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been intrigued by Sophie's Scarf on Ravelry. It is also a shrug! If you don't like sewing, this could be the one for you.
    Ravelry: Sophie's Scarf pattern by Karen McKenna

I plan on trying the Shape-Shifting Shawl. Same idea, but with ribbons!
    Ravelry: Shape Shifting Shawl pattern by Tracy St. John

Happy Hunting!

2. Likes amanda, rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Shape Shifting Shawl!!!! Shirley

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam! I love shrugs and they are super easy to make ! I am short, plump, and a senior and I wear what I want. Give the shrug a try! Pick a pattern that does not involve a lot of construction.

6. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got an easy pattern to suggest ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam! I suggest pretty much it is by what you like! I hope that makes since, kinda dumb but everyone has their own personal taste! I love making shawls more than scarves and shrugs are somewhat the same ravelry has so many of all as crochet me their are others at.... Darn it I can't think of it! type shrugs or whatever and then it comes up where it has so many different sites! OK someone help my brain today LOL! Faye that sweater looked beautiful on you! What a great job! I am so afraid of crocheting sleeves I have tank top patterns, but haven't made 1 yet! GOOD LUCK! I hope someone helps you since my brain is not working as well as so much more! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

9. Likes yarnoholic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manda dear, thank you for your suggestions. I guess I will bite the bullet and look for a sweater that looks easy. You must be young to still be able to wear sleeveless tops. How can I describe my upper arms now that they have lost their firmness. If I was directing the choir the "flying squirrels" might slap someone in the face. Yep, that describes 'em.
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pam! That wasn't very nice but I had to laugh LOL! I am in my early 40s, but only wear tank tops for undershirts because since my back went out 7 or more years ago unfortunately I can't wear a ...! I hate it but luckily I don't have a lot to cover either on my chest I believe they call this TMI or something like that! LOL! I'm just 1 that really doesn't care what people say if I wear clothes that don't match or my shoes which are a wild green with some carton character or something well that's if it's winter or I'm going somewhere! Now back to patterns you probably know to look at crochet pattern central for shrugs or shawls! HEY I FIGURED IT OUT MY BRAIN IS WORKING! LOL! Just don't ask my family they will still say my marbles are loose in my head! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

12. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck everyone on the projects. Faye, I think the sweater looks very attractive on you. Thank you for the links, Tawnya. I can't wait to check them out.

Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda, you are a hoot!

15. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, I wear sleeveless tops all the time and you know my arms can snap in the breeze. I don't care what others think about my flapping arms. If they don't like my looks they can turn away. Pam that sweater is easy really and the sleeves are too. I know everyone doesn't like the pattern but it is a suggestion. Amanda, are you really in your 40s? I just assumed you were my age. And yes you could make this sweater.

17. Likes amanda liked this post