Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting with threrad

Hello! All my crochet friends I was just wanting to know is it me or what I have had so much trouble trying to crochet with the thread. I have no trouble crocheting with yarn. So I was just wanting to know if it was me or is it the thread that is harder to work with well I hope everyone has a nice day

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a problem with it but I've been crocheting with it for about 15 years or so. When you are use to crocheting with thicker yarn and all of a sudden you switch to thread and a smaller hook it can be challenging. The best I can say is don't let yourself get overwhelmed. Crocheting is supposed to be fun remind yourself of that. Take your project a little at a time and when you find yourself getting frustrated put it away. Doing a little at a time is better than not doing it at all and taking all the fun out of it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Barby Sue: I figure why do something if it is frustrating and you don't like/want to do it? That is exactly why I do not knit!!! The thread is too small for me to see now without the frustration so there you go!!! I think you told Wenda just right, put it down and take a breather and then pick it up again!!! Still frustrated, frog it!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the feel of thread. It makes a fabric like weaving,especially in single crochet.In filet or Irish crochet it makes a kind of lace. The texture of the stitches can be seen. There is a technique to crocheting in the tighter stitches ( cotton is not as stretchy as yarn ),sometimes you use the crook of the hook to move aside and open up the space between the stitches as you crochet , there is a turning motion of the hook (and your wrist) to bring the crook into play and then back to catch the loop and hold it to pull it thru.Taking string and weaving it into fabric is like spinning straw into gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Kitty! That is beautiful. It is funny cuz that is just how I feel when I crochet with the baby yarn!!! Shirley

7. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Thanks ladies I will not let it get me down because I love to crochet so much it is relaxing to me. This the first time I have tried to crochet with the thread just wanted to try something new but I'm going to keep trying but I will also put it down and just keep picking it up everyday that way it might help by just trying everyday a little each time but thanks for all of the advice wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I love #30 thread Just do it and you will succeed
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=wenda;89214]Hello! All my crochet friends I was just wanting to know is it me or what I have had so much trouble trying to crochet with the thread. I have no trouble crocheting with yarn. So I was just wanting to know if it was me or is it the thread that is harder to work with well I hope everyone has a nice day[/QUOTE]

Years and years ago I crocheted with thread and also yarn but then went strictly to using yarn. Now I find that I am so used to the yarn that I find it difficult for thread (and it wasn't the real fine thread either) projects. But I do use it when I am crocheting little cotton ornaments (also with worsted weight yarn) since I add one strand of sparkly thread to the ornaments and that kind of satisfies me. LOL. Since most of my work is for charitable organizations, I use yarn. But I really envy those who do those gorgeous doilies and fine intricate work.

It's not just you.

LI Roe

12. Likes amanda, DinahRoberts, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wenda, you have been given good advice but I find thread very frustrating and I am not making myself do something that plays with my little old brain. I have used thread and made a couple of things but I can make a lot of things in yarn in the time it takes to do one thing in thread. I can knit also but it takes so much more time to make something that I can't make myself put down my hook and grab those needles. So I am content to use yarn and to wish thread was easier to use. This probably isn't helpful but this is my stand on thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine too, Faye! Love that yarn!!!

LI Roe: What a great idea to add a strain of sparkly yarn for ornaments. Give a bit of bling and we all love bling. Shirley