Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I started out using thread eons ago so it is easy for me. I also like using yarn. Time and place for every thing. Take it slow and have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned to crochet with thread from my grandmother and love the looks of things that are made with 10, 20, and 30 size thread. But I guess I'm a little old fashioned. Baby bibs and shoes are very pretty and easy to make. I also make a memory pouch for new mothers with rayon thread that has been a big hit with some of my friends. As everyone has said, go slow at first and when you get frustrated, just put it down for a while but be sure you finish your project.
    rs

3. Likes mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you explain the memory pouch more? Sounds very interesting. I made tooth pillows for the kids! Thanks. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to make some lace curtains with size 5 thread. I doubt I'll try the 20 or 30 threads until I feel comfortable with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The finer thread make the lacey things
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoy using thread; If you are used to a softer texture you can try bamboo thread; it can be a bit more expensive but maybe that can help you since you are used to yarn....hope this helps. Happy crocheting.

8. Likes Kitty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa: I am so glad you are feeling better!!!! And your ear is not hurting. That is so good to hear!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned or rather taught myself to crochet with thread and a size 7 steel hook, when I was 8 years old. When I was 20 I bought yarn and a g hook and I thought I would simply die before I could handle it. It was like using a broomstick and rope to my hands. But I just stuck with it and eventually I got the hang of it. You are doing the opposite, but I am sure if you just keep trying it will come to you. It does seem almost like a different craft, I know, but just work at it and be patient, you will get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Working with crochet thread takes some getting used to if all you have ever used is yarn. I don't have any trouble now but it was challenging when I first started,. It doesn't slide the same way on the hook and the tension is different. Once you work with and make few things, I'm sure you will get the feel for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Size 10 thread is my favorite, at present am working Pokémon doll with it, with a 5 to 7 steel hook, making for ornaments. It is challenging but guess that why I love thread