Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, it is a little pouch that will hold first hair cut, first or all lost teeth. Also, the little bracelet that the hospital puts on the baby. Years ago it used to be the little beads that spelled the last name. Anything you want to keep. It is small, has a rounded edge with a flap. Ribbon is run through eyelets (the color for boy or girl) and a little flower on the flap. I have sold many and given many as gifts.
    rs

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful idea!!!! I have learned so much from everyone!!! Thanks. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are use to crocheting with yarn and then switch to the other it takes a while to get use to it. I crochet with both of them so I don't mind. I have crocheted for over 30 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been crocheting over 30 years & never had a problem switching from yarn to thread & vise versa. Size 10 thread & a 7 hook is the easiest to work with & a beginner should start with this before going to anything smaller which is more difficult & harder to see. the larger sizes should be no problem at all. I do a lot of thread crochet especially doilies my favorite.
    -----------------------Sharon

5. Likes mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, I didn't know there were so many thread crocheters (thread & yarn) here at C T .

7. Likes mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not know either Kitty! Hope you are having a good 4th of July!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    crocheting with thread can be a little difficult , especially if you are used to working with yarn,just relax and take your time..walk away from it for awhile it will come to you..i found I am fumble fingers now when I work with yarn because I use thread so often

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 4th of July , Shirley. Happy 4th Everyone ! Be Safe. Kitty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    My first experience with thread was making about 100 bookmarks for a group we belong to. I also made a doily for my cousin as she had one my Mother had made her and she would like to have one from me also. I have a tablecloth from my Mother and Mother in law made with thread. They are beautiful with a lot of work put into them. One has some yellowing in it though. I wonder if dying it would work, because the yellow won't come out. I just don't want to ruin it. I don't think I'll be making too much with thread though. Although the comment about using a handle on the crochet hook does sound like it may make it easier. My fingers kept cramping when I was making all those bookmarks.
    instead of going out and buying hooks with handles ..( I do have a few) I wrap duct tape around handle until it feels thick enough and I let the size of hook show..saves money and most of my hooks belonged to my mom and they would be close to 80 years old>Mother taught me how to read patterns and crochet when I was a teenager... Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Those hooks are real treasures. I find duct tape gets a little used looking but maybe my hands are too sweaty!!!! HAHA. Shirley

13. Likes mpurcell25 liked this post