Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of using paper plates when I sort puzzle pieces. So I can pick it up and take to to the section I want to do. Then stack them when I'm not working on them. Not that I have time to do puzzles since I started crocheting again. But I do some with one of my patients.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your granny squares are beautiful! A great tip! Thanks for sharing!~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy Ann: My aunt did jigsaw puzzles for years, the harder the better. I got her one of the felt layers that you put the puzzle on and then roll up when you are done working on it for a time. However, she likes her paper plates and used them all the time. The employees at the asst living, the manager, the handy man, minister etc. all would come and try to find pieces for her. She really did not want the help but got it anyway! A few years ago hubby and I put together an fighter plane puzzle in red, whites and blues and it was so awesome when we finished that I had it framed and hung in his office! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some Thomas Kinkade puzzles id like to frame. (I just bought a new print. It's awesome).
    See, great minds think alike. I started one with a patient the other day. I brought my roll up thing, and my paper plates! The library I take her to always has one out for anyone to put together, it's fun, but I never see it done! But I'm going to donate some of my puzzles to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done that before i love the way those came out.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what we did with all my aunts puzzles, donated them to the asst living. We donated some of her furniture too and they were very glad to have it, except of course for the grandfather clock and a cousin has that!!! So good of you to work with those patients. I am sure they really enjoy the interaction, even though it is very tiring for you. Shirley

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good use for those yarn ends and bits is to get one of the wire cage like holder for Suet for birds, place the ends in it and hang it in a tree. The birds love to use the ends of yarn while building their nests. Is that not cool?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so cool. I thought about that when I noticed the robins carrying bits of twigs and string in their beaks for their nests! Shirley