Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Great new crochet hook - Sharp point to make edging around blankets, etc.

Good morning, ladies. Wanted to share a neat crochet hook/tool I just found out about and ordered. If you ever crochet an edging around a blanket, or a dish towel, you know how hard it can be to poke your crochet hook through the fabric to make the foundation to crochet your edging on.

Here is a new crochet hook that is "sharp" on the point, so it will go through the fabric easily - no need to struggle or punch holes all around the edge. Here is a link:

Sharp Crochet Hook - The easy way to crochet edgings and borders on fabric
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

2. Likes sarah1313, LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really a cool crochet hook. I know there is are kits with templates that you can poke holes through and then crochet them together but for the small amount of edgings I would do on fabric, this probably would be more practical. Thanks for sharing.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    This is on my "to be gotten" list but I couldn't tell what size it comes in. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    This is on my "to be gotten" list but I couldn't tell what size it comes in. Any ideas?
    I don't think they actually say a size, but that you can use it with #3 and #10 crochet thread, so it's probably pretty small. I think you could do a foundation chain on your fabric with the thin thread, and then change to a larger hook and yarn to actually do a fancy edging. I will know more when the one I ordered arrives. I will post about it then.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

6. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I went over and hit place order and a set of them in sizes that are listed, seem very reasonable. love Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at it also when I hit order but it looks like the kit has regular crochet hooks and one sharp hook. After reading the FAQ's on the site, it seems to be used for crochet thread. I am not a user of thread so now I am a little sad, was hoping it would be for yarn, but it still is a great idea. I am still thinking about it.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I looked at it also when I hit order but it looks like the kit has regular crochet hooks and one sharp hook. After reading the FAQ's on the site, it seems to be used for crochet thread. I am not a user of thread so now I am a little sad, was hoping it would be for yarn, but it still is a great idea. I am still thinking about it.

LI Roe
    I first saw this sharp crochet hook on Facebook, so I just went back and looked through what folks had posted about it. Many said they used #3 crochet thread, which is quite a bit thicker than what I think of as regular crochet thread, which I think is size #10. They crochet their foundation around the fabric using the #3 thread, and then just switch to whatever yarn they want and the appropriate hook for the yarn to make their fancy edging. Seems to me this works well.
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=buggainok;91734]I first saw this sharp crochet hook on Facebook, so I just went back and looked through what folks had posted about it. Many said they used #3 crochet thread, which is quite a bit thicker than what I think of as regular crochet thread, which I think is size #10. They crochet their foundation around the fabric using the #3 thread, and then just switch to whatever yarn they want and the appropriate hook for the yarn to make their fancy edging. Seems to me this works well.[/QUOTE]

That sounds logical. The only time I really use thread (and I used to crochet with heavier thread way back when) is when I make little ornaments and I use a strand of sparkly thread with either cotton or regular worsted yarn. So now I am happy, thanks for the info and checking it on Facebook. Appreciate the thought.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Edgit Piercing Crochet Hooks Set One Large by kayscrochetpatterns
    Here is another source for the sharp crochet hooks....it includes one large hook and one small one. Not sure exactly what the sizes are though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Edgit Piercing Crochet Hooks Set One Large by kayscrochetpatterns
    Here is another source for the sharp crochet hooks....it includes one large hook and one small one. Not sure exactly what the sizes are though.
    Thanks for the link. I looked at them and couldn't tell what size they are, so I convo'ed the shop owner and asked. Will let you know the response. Also, looks like a better deal than the one that I bought for $8.99. These are two for $7.25!

Kind of interesting, though. The one I bought said that it is Patent Pending. I guess until you actually get a patent, your idea is fair game.
    Annette

Dalai Lama