Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gmoni, I am originally from Chattanooga and went to school in Murfreesboro
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    It took me about 3 months to make them. I love to crochet and it was my grandma that got me interested in it. She worked with 30 and 50 size thread and made beautiful doilies with them, pineapple doilies her favorite, mine too. I am not so brave, I like size 10 thread and LOVE yarn. I made a scarf almost everyday for about 2 1/2 months, a few doilies in there as Christmas was right there. They are really special who made my mom's life better for her and her adjustment to nursing home living. Thank you for your comment! Happy Crocheting!

TMHutch

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the number ten thread. I bought some 20, but haven't tried it yet. I switch around on projects. I get bored easily. I even switch because I get tired of color. I finish most things, but must admit I have a few UFOs.
    When I switch from thread to yarn it feels like I'm working with a fat rope -
    Pam

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too about switching from thread to yarn and feeling like crocheting with a fat rope. Initially, I had a bit of a time to learn, because I am extremely left handed. I do everything with my left hand. My grandma tried to teach me sitting across from her. Then tried my hand at knitting and I couldn't flip the patterns in my brain to make things come out right. I finally got a left-handed teacher and the rest is history. I go in moods where I want to crochet doilies/baby blankets/bed blanket. How does that go "the one who dies with the most crochet patterns win?

TMHutch

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post
    Gmoni, I am originally from Chattanooga and went to school in Murfreesboro
    Pam
    I have been here since 2003 and it has been a pleasant place to live but I am getting older and am wanting to go back home. I love this country and I am so blessed to have been here this long. I know it is beautiful where you live too. I hope we talk again. Thank you for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    TMHutch: I am a lefty too, but when I was teaching Home Ec in the early 1970's one of my students taught me right-handed so that was the end of that story!!!!! I tried thread early on but never really liked it. Seems like I notice more progress quicker with yarn....HAHA Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah - one who likes instant gratification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam: I am one of those that needs patience and wants it right now. HAHA Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that.