Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Fisherman Crochet

Okay, last night I finished an afghan that has been gathering dust. It is totally messed up as one strip of cables is on the backside of the work. There is very little about crochet that I don't like, but I've discovered that this is one. I worked on that afghan on and off for several years and am very unhappy. I'm sure I'll tear it out and reuse the yarn. That was one heckuva lot of work! Has anyone else tried this and are you frustrated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the end results of a couple of things have really surprised me; one thing I did try was putting it up and seeing if I like it later....it didn't work, but I ended up giving it away. But yes, I've ripped it out too..

3. Likes lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lnichols8,

yes, has happened to me and I find that I might just as well frog it as I have completely lost interest in it and will never go back. I have one such afghan sitting on the needles now - has been there for about 2 years now- might just as well frog it as I know every time I look at it and say I should finish that- I turn away and do something else. so yes, it has happened to me. could find a better use for that yarn.

you are not alone kiddo

hugs
    marge

5. Likes lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If only I hadn't got that one set of cables on the wrong side! The rest of it is beautiful, but I found this to be the most tedious afghan I've ever made. Ugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 4817Oh yes! One day I made one big bruges style doily. Thread was dirty a bit and I put it to boil with laundry powder. And what! You see it was burnt. It s a lot of work and thread. Was not I upset??
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we've all had that experience. Nearly finished something, or even finished it, and thought, ugh! Depending on how much yarn it was, I've even just closed my eyes and put it in the trash, lol.

I know I've seen lots of unfinished projects in plastic bags at the Goodwill Store. Some of them, I've picked up and thought, "Well, I wouldn't want to finish that, either."
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we have all had that experience. I have a gorgeous mile- a -minute afghan in a lace pattern and all it needs is putting the strips tog. I really like it but cannot make myself join it. Things I've made mistakes on I donate and let someone else worry about them. Donate to thrift stores, I mean.

12. Likes lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Attachment 4817Oh yes! One day I made one big bruges style doily. Thread was dirty a bit and I put it to boil with laundry powder. And what! You see it was burnt. It s a lot of work and thread. Was not I upset??
    Oh my, yes, I would be upset, too. Reminds me of one time I had sewed a nice dress. It was all finally done and I was so proud of it. I was pressing it, and left my iron too long on a sleeve. Made a big brown scorch mark that ruined the dress!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done the same thing myself. Sometimes that lovely looking project in a pattern book doesn't look the same when you make it. In the end, I will rip it apart and reuse the yarn. I hate wasting anything so would rather reuse the yarn than throw out a project. And I have seen a lot of half finished projects in thrift stores and wonder why they picked those particular colours.

16. Likes lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently working on a purse that small squares they have a daisy design in center..I have all the squares made..no problem there..but putting it together the right way on the right sides is kicking my butt. I am making it for a friend of mine that lives in WV..and it is suppose to go in the mail tomorrow..I doubt it will hoping by Monday..if not by then I may just redo the whole design and make another style..dang it all.

18. Likes Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post