Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every now and then I'll be working on something and the decide that it just needs to be frogged again. Some things were never meant to be at that time.

But maybe later you will go back and finish that afghan. I'd hate to see all that work go to waste.

Rather than use it for an afghan, have you considered using what you've got done as a couch throw? Something that you can simply put over the back of the couch for that decorative effect?

Just an idea...
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

2. Likes lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Inichols8, I had an afghan that I had started but no one wanted it. I put the last row on it and sent it to Faye to sell at the fair. I am very determined I am going to finish some things I have put back. I had too much work in it to frog it. Margaret

4. Likes lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think anyone that crochets or does needlework has run into problems like this. I know I have also.
    I have a huge afghan I was making for my queen size bed, where is it, in a bag in the closet! Almost done but- - . Another is a tablecloth, I enlarged the pattern so it would fit my rectangle table, almost done but--. Oh my animals have a few nice little blankies, afghans started but not liked. They seem to like them! I started a cross stitch for my new grandbaby but over half way done I realized I had not put the little inked footprints in quite the right spot. So I will have to adjust the pattern a little. It has been setting for quite awhile (6 yrs) & I do work on it at times. He may get it by High School graduation! LOL

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch! kl1000 and buggainok -- those really hurt, don't they? Like snipping into a vital piece of fabric when making a dress or something. I have that afghan sitting in a chair next to me. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Can't ignore the fact that the cables are on the wrong side, and it's too bad that the rest of the project is so lovely. If it hadn't been so tedious, I would not be so upset. If I frog back to the wrong-side cables, I'll just frog the entire thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it that noticeable or it is just to you. With all that work, I've done the fishersman knitted afghan using the off white. I picked up another ball of yarn at night and thought it was the same as I was using. Wrong!!! It is now in two shades of off white. My kids call it my goof afghan and we all like to grab and cuddle with it. Think about it before frogging.

9. Likes lnichols8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you work the goof into the pattern? IF it is toward the side or end make another" goof" on the other side or end. If towards the middle make a few "proper" rows and then do another "goof" to balance it out. I would hate to see all the time and work/expense go into the "froggie" pond!

11. Likes lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had knitted a cable cardi for hubby, with zip front. Well, I had the whole thing sewn together except for the collar & inserting zip. It made me feel ill everytime I touched it so after 10 years (yes you read right) I gave to the Op Shop. My hubb keeps asking when his cardi will be finished! I finally told him I gave it away, he still can't believe it.

13. Likes lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I'll just let the dog have it. Or the grandkids for snuggling on the couch while watching movies. It really is aggravating.

Post Thanks / Like
    This depends on how the popcorn were made but I give you a tip I used. I was crocheting a popcorn afghan and I got the rows out of sync and I did a row of the popcoens backwards so I sat and pushed the popcorn to the other side of the afghan just by pushing on the popcorn and making it stick out on the right side. Nobody could tell that it was wrong. You might try that. These popcorns were made by 4 yarnovers and then a chain 1 to pull it together. Hope this helps it saved my bacon.

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom, lnichols8 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fisherman crochet is beautiful and time consuming. Let the GK's snuggle and just call it your Ooops afghan. Making memories is what it's all about. They will remember it fondly if you laugh about it. Think twice before you frog it or get rid of it.

18. Likes lnichols8 liked this post