Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is on Crochet Talk this morning?

Hi there! Just wanted to see what ya'all are working on and what's going on with you. So tell me, tell me. Please!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

2. Likes N/A, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    Hi there! Just wanted to see what ya'all are working on and what's going on with you. So tell me, tell me. Please!
    I'm here BarbySue,, drinking my 2nd cup of coffee, been back and forth, ,here to facebook. lol I haven't picked up a hook for a few days, had to take a break. I plan on going through all my old crochet mags. today, to see if anything looks interesting. what are your plans for today?
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    OH I was just browsing around the web and found a cute idea..I never made granny tri angles before ..but I know how now..I am gonna make myself (yep for me..lol..maybe lol) a purse..I will post some pictures when done..going to go hooking now..bbl..I am soooo excited now..got to get that hook in hand..lol!

Good morning Kathy and Barby..and yes I am on my third cup of java..headed for my fourth..lol..shhh don't tell..now you both know why I am so bubbly most days..lol..coffee bubbles..lol

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds cute,, post some pictures when you done Anne,, Hugs, Kathy

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there Kathy! I was hoping we would meet up today. I'm on my first cup of coffee....slept late wasn't feeling too good yesterday don't know why but oh well. I hope you find something wonderful to crochet. That is the fun part going through the magazines to find something to crochet. I never seem to everything done to be able to look for something to do. LOL I have two afghans that will be a Work In Progress for a long time to come. One is going to fit a queen size bed the other is going to be big enough to fit all across a love seat couch and it is the crocodile stitch. Lots of work there. So I work on them when I am finished with other projects. I just finished a baby blanket for the Hookers meeting in June.
    Barby Sue

9. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ann that sounds wonderful! Yes, we want pictures. btw....I usually drink 4 cups of coffee too. So I won't tell if you don't
    Barby Sue

11. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see the crocodial one when your done. I been wanting to try that stitch, but haven't taken the time to do it. I bet it will be beautiful.. the only thing that has been stoping me is the amount of yarn it will take. I have a huge tub of yarn,, I wonder if it would look ok using all different colors.. I just don't want to buy anymore till I use up alot of this.. what colors are you using in your afgans? I have made alot of baby and doll blankets in the last year. I wish postage wasn't so high, I send them to Faye for the sale.. hugs, Kathy
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 06-03-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: correct spelling

13. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about postage. I send my sister and my dad in Kansas things every now and then and it is just stupid how much postage is. I think making the crocodile afghan made in different colors would be pretty and it does take a lot of yarn. You work one row twice. There is a like a foundation row and then you work on that foundation row to make the scales. So it is two stitches on one row if that makes since. I did mine in a solid color because I don't have a stash and would have to buy yarn anyway, so I wait until it is on sale and then get a 15% off total purchase and I buy up the big bundles and it holds me over until I get another 15% off coupon. So to answer your question... my crocodile afghan is burgandy and the big afghan for a queen bed is done in the basket weave stitch and it is teal and white stripe, about 7" teal and 7" white.

I crochet so slow, you would think after all the years I've been crocheting I would be faster at it but it seems the older I get the slower I get. I don't know what my problem is. I do have tendonitis in my elbow and have to ice it once in a while, but that should slow down how fast my fingers work. Maybe it is all the interuptions from hubby...THAT could be the culprut!
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Geeze, I've been working on that Ocean Wave Afghan for a graduation gift!! Gotta get it done today, so I can get it in the mail!! Love the pattern, but sure reminds me of how much I really dislike working on the back loop!!

16. Likes amanda, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly will post pictures..I just gonna use up some little balls of yarn I have..so it is going to be a purse of many colors..lol. I am also working on a purse for a friend of mine I have known for years and it is done in smaller squares..I am having the worst time putting it together...it has to go together in a certain way and I have to lay out the pattern while doing it or I will mess it up..I layed it down a few days ago and haven't worked on it since..but I think I will finish that up tonight. I will be mail out a bunch of stuff I need to mail on Friday..my post master is gonna love me..lol. I also have a purse I want to do for my grand niece, she is graduating and I wanted to put a card in it and a few bucks for her..she is such a doll and I am very proud of her. Of course my darling daughter wants a purse too..in blues..lol Funny how when I started to crochet again..she didn't much care said she really didn't want anything I did..NOW since she sees it all..she wants it all. Right off the bat my sons and son in law put in a order for a afghan..lol..they don't mind at all..lol. I always tell them ..MOM loves yarn ..any color so anytime you want to buy me anything..make it YARN..lol. I also find some creative ways to get them to buy me some..lol. I tell them..yep I will help you with laundry..but you owe me a skein ..if I do anything cook for them ..ect..I tell them...so far so good..lol I also get a skein a week for babysitting..lol ...what they don't realize I would do it all anyway..but shhh don't tell them..I am increasing my stash. I even have my hubby geared when we can..he sometimes goes in the craft section of walmart with me..I get a few skeins that way..I haven't bought any lately as I had to catch up on too many bills lately but woo hoo...this weekend craft dept here I come! lol

18. Likes N/A liked this post