My aunt works at a craft store and told me that they have people come in all the time to teach classes. She told me that if I wanted to I could sign up to teach a crochet class - which sounds like something I could do to earn some extra money but I am also apprehensive. I've tried teaching my friend some crochet but I don't know if I'm that great of a teacher lol.

Do any of you ladies teach crochet to groups of people? How did it go? What did you charge? My aunt said I could charge like $5 or something but I was thinking more like $10 and maybe have two classes (you pay once for both since they would be a continuation of each other.) Or would that be too little?

She said sometimes they don't get many people to go to them and if I signed up to teach more than one class but not many people showed up or it wasn't working out I could cancel the second class.

I'm also researching some more and trying to really expand my knowledge so I can anticipate and answer questions while teaching the basics. I was thinking of just starting out with one project and teaching everyone that, something that has a few stitches to it so they can learn. I know scarves are super easy but I think they are too easy... Plus it's spring. I was thinking maybe a hat but I'm not sure on that either.

Any suggestions or tips?