Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  165
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet

I was at Walmart yesterday & they finally had the Sashay yarn. 5 colors on sale for $3.47.Went to the magazine area. they had only 2 Magazines. Lots of knitting & quilting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me again. The magazines were crochet ones. Only 2 in the normal magazine section.Lots of other craft ones including knitting & quilting,card making,etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Sashay yarn make those scarves that twist and you knit/crochet into it?

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't go to "exclusive" yarn shops anymore. I bring up crocheting and they get an incredible snobby attitude. I've never seen anything like it! The last time I walked into a shop the first thing I saw was a table surrounded by women knitting. I had to get the owner's attention-twice-before she answered my crochet question. A few moments later my much younger (and might I add very handsome) husband walked in looking for me. Now, the ladies in the shop didn't know he was mine. The owner just about jumped out of her chair to help HIM. When he walked over to ME, reached for my hand, and asked "Is there anything you want here?" they all froze. I looked at the owner and said "No." We walked out on a room of gaping women..especially the owner, who I think realized, too late, that she just blew a sale. C'est la vie!

6. Likes N/A, LI Roe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anniem: How awesome was that! Would have loved to see the looks on their faces. They got theirs!!!!! Have a good weekend.. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in my opinion I LOVE CROCHETING a MIllion times more than knitting. I tried to learn to knit and gave it up. I dislike knitting so much. I can hardly wait to get back to my crocheting and my coat that I started is just sitting there in the chair waiting patiently for me to get back on it! I just keep getting more patterns for crocheting and I know I can never do them all! Right now I am into plastic canvas and trying to finish up my sale items so I can get them in the mail. I see there is another name on the list for the 6" squares. I gotta get the sale stuff done and outta here so I can crochet some squares!!!! XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty PS Is 15 the correct number on the list now?

9. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: I made 1 1/2 squares today! I also have a baby blanket in lavender, purple and variegated started, as well as 1/2 of a white one. I too love crocheting. Have a great weekend.! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet, embroider, and knit, but I always mention crochet first because, alphabetically, it is first. I have belonged to "knitting groups" where 9 out of 10 people crocheted. But they called it a knitting group, because so many people think that if it uses yarn it is called knitting. Even the library groups who should know better, call it knitting groups.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im with you Red head---I love crocheting (altho can knit -been 18 years since I did)
    Also do Plastic canvas and just finishing up a a baby album for a friend
    then back to my Granny square afgan also for a neighbor friend that was so kind to me
    when we lived next door to each other

So Happy Crochet every one !!!!

Hestoria

Post Thanks / Like
    I think crochet is a much nicer craft, you don't get frustrated with crochet like you do with knit. Plus crochet is faster!!