Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  165
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dsynr I meant no offense and I am sorry if it sounded that way. I sell knitting and crochet supplies. Knitting supply sales go way down from May to Aug. So not every knitter stops knitting in summer but many do. I did say "not all" in my post just to avoid anyone getting upset

This is why all the big knitting/crochet shows are in the summer because this is the slowest season for supply stores like me.

Now crochet supplies slow down too during the summer but not nearly as much as knitting supplies.

I am a fan of all craft work be it crochet, knit, quilt, embroidery etc. But there is no getting around the bias against people who crochet. I have seen it for so many years.

Last year my daughter and I offered to join a group that meets once a week making chemo hats at our hospital. As soon as they found out that we crochet they said our help was not needed as it was only for knitted hats. Now that one really hurt our feelings because we were really excited to join the group and help make hats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand how you feel. When I am trying to buy yarn people ask what I am going to knit. I tell them I crochet and have for over 45 years. My daughter taught herself to knit only because I crochet. She sends me lots of ideas to make for her and the girls because I can get things done a lot faster..have even added crocheted edging to some of her projects. I have made everything from clothing, toys to numerous household items. So keep on crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree completely as I was crocheting at a crochet/knit group and one of the knitters said your work would be so much prettier if you knitted that article! I do knit but some things are just meant to be crocheted and they are just as lovely. Besides if I need something in a hurry, I crochet as knitting takes longer.

So I'm a two-be with yarn and proud of it. Hugs, Crabtree

Post Thanks / Like
    When I say that alphabetically crochet comes first, embroidery second and then knitting, only the knitters get upset. Funny right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Really when I told my own sister that I was learning to crochet she said,"So! It's nothing but a bunch of chains!" That hurt my feelings.

Post Thanks / Like
    GA Hookncook, don't let it hurt your feelings. Tell you sister "Yes, it is nothing but chains. But you can do such infinite things with those chains that no other craft can. I'd like to be able to see if you could do it." I told that to my sister and when she saw a couple of afghans I made, her attitude took a 180 degree turn. Also swagger when you walk away and make sure your nose is in the air!!! Does wonders for your ego!--Jan

7. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to make my sister a shawl I saw in The Happy Hooker as a surpise so she can experience how lovely all those "chains" look all hooked up.P.S. I'm a senior too...:-D!

9. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kayscrochetpatterns View Post
    Dsynr I meant no offense and I am sorry if it sounded that way. I sell knitting and crochet supplies. Knitting supply sales go way down from May to Aug. So not every knitter stops knitting in summer but many do. I did say "not all" in my post just to avoid anyone getting upset

This is why all the big knitting/crochet shows are in the summer because this is the slowest season for supply stores like me.

Now crochet supplies slow down too during the summer but not nearly as much as knitting supplies.

I am a fan of all craft work be it crochet, knit, quilt, embroidery etc. But there is no getting around the bias against people who crochet. I have seen it for so many years.

Last year my daughter and I offered to join a group that meets once a week making chemo hats at our hospital. As soon as they found out that we crochet they said our help was not needed as it was only for knitted hats. Now that one really hurt our feelings because we were really excited to join the group and help make hats.
    And of course a chemo hat CANNOT be crochet!! What a bunch of idiots!!
    I suggest you crochet a few and when the donations are to be picked up, you just show up with your donation and maybe the so-called "ladies" will grow up, but don't get your heart set on it. Closed minds don't like to be upset by the truth...
    Last edited by Dsynr; 06-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GA Hooknook Hi Im susan M J s orry she feels that way. Show her by making that lovely shawl and lets us know what she has to say. Feelings can only hurt if you let it sweetie, I know. Kill her with a beautiful Shawl NOW get started hehe Bossy me HUGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Dsynr I just read about the crochet chemo hat UNBELIEVABLE. Do a bunch and take them in and if they refuse them give them a sign saying This Group Dislikes Crochet Chemo Hats?? Naughty but as nice as I can say. Terrible. Let the person in charge know of what happened but DONT join them , they don't deserve your generosity. God Bless you Hun!! Susan M J