Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry Irish, hun, I am glad you get to spoil someone.

2. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat,
    Thanks for the kind and understanding words. I think I have lost my mind trying to sort this out and live through it.
    Sadly, I don't know mine either. And they have nothing from my family in their lives. Not a fav story, or a fav dinner, not even a family joke. Their lives are consumed by her family. I have cried for the son I raised. I have cried at lunch with other Granny's who share photos of their grands playing or the new cat/puppy. I have nothing.
    Thanks again, Linda

4. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I are guardians to our 4 1/2 yr. old grandson. He has been with us full time since last June. Prior to that he had been with us at least part-time since he was very young. We brought him home from the hospital (a Preemie) on oxygen and an apnea monitor. It made us very nervous at first. The first two weeks one of us was awake with him at all times. Monitors would go off even if there wasn't a problem. He also has ADHD and it has been hard at times but we love him to death and when the time comes that he will no longer live with us, it will be hard. We are 67 and my husband retired shortly after he came to live with us in 2009. Crocheting isn't always easy when he is awake because he wants attention.

6. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lucky little guy to have you to care for him.
    Hugs to him. And blessing to you and your huband.
    Linda

8. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I do understand it is heartbreaking not to get to see them all the time. It is bad enough I only see my daughter ocationally,
    My son I haven't seen him for 12 years, and in that 12 years only talked to him 4 times.

10. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a HUG. I feel your pain.

Linda

12. Likes caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our son, his fiance and my grandaughter live with us. They were really young when they had her, so being here, I know she's safe and happy. They don't make enough to live on their own. They have a bedroom and a sitting room in the basement. I recently gave my Granddaughter my Pink room upstairs, which was my yarn/dressing room. I'm still trying to figure out where to put some things. Time to get rid of a lot of junk! It is stressfull, but I wouldn't trade the relationship I have with my GD for anything. I love her so much. (Now if the other two had less drama, and did more work, I'd be a happy camper).
    And yes, she wants constant attention. When I do crochet with her around, it has to be an easy pattern so I can still be watching her perform!
    Joy Ann

14. Likes caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and forgot to mention that now she's upstairs with us, we get a little visitor most nights when she gets scared. I don't mind, just that queen bed isn't as big as it was when we were younger and our kids climbed in (Or could it be us) lol

16. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a sweet memory of "3 in a bed".
    Enjoy I am so envious.
    Linda

18. Likes caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. Our bed is called the Snuggle Queen . My G mom bought it for us, and made me promise to name it, as was tradition when they were young. So it really is a special bed! Now her great great granddaughter snuggles in it.

20. Likes caroltheteach liked this post