Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    GrandmaJenny, you never said if you would adopt me. I think you danced around my question. Your posts are always so good and thorough and informative. I think I might be in love with your crocheting!! Maybe we should be partners?? I looked at that sweater and I think I will try it and I have you around to help me thru the hard times. Are you married?? Just asking not preposing but well........................

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    twinfaye, I am over whelmed by your compliments, I hope any information I have is helpful, it is only through many mistakes that I have any information to share. No need to adopt, we can be crochet buddies. Let me know when you start your sweater. Happy Hooking

Post Thanks / Like
    Buddies it is!! You are what I want to become but I may not have enough time to learn as much as you. It makes me feel so good that I have you to help me. hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    GrandmaJenny, you haven't filled out the list of favorite things. Everyone needs to fill out that list. We all want to get to know everyone and answering the questions is a good way to learn. So go fill out the list!! Please!

Post Thanks / Like
    My first article o clothing was a layette for my first born way back in the '70's. Hershnner's used to sell patterns & the required yarn in kits that were in boxes & it took me a long timr but I finished the blanket, sweater, hat & booties

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm....gosh I think the first article of clothing I ventured into making was a baby dress for my first granddaughter. I know I made a beautiful shawl in there somewhere but don't know if it was before or after the baby dress. I think I made a couple dresses and a Christening outfit. I don't know why I never made anything for my own daughters...my youngest always wanted me to crochet her some Barbie clothes for her Bratz dolls but I kept saying "I don't know how". Truthfully I was just scared to try. So when I started crocheting the baby dresses I realized I probably could have made the Barbie clothes but by then my youngest daughter wasn't playing with her Bratz dolls anymore. Sad to admit, but true. I regret not trying...my oldest daughter wants me to make some Barbie clothes now for Gwen because she has the Monster High dolls but haven't gotten around to it since I am working on things for my ministry group (Bless the Children Ministry) and I have a new granddaughter due in August that I plan on making something for. Busy, busy, busy! But Gwen will be coming to stay with us for awhile so I will have to whip a few things together for her while she is here and I'm sure that will make her happy. I have tonz of patterns for Barbie clothes. I can't imagine it taking too long.
    Angel

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose You are a talented crochet Gal for sure. The slippers are very nice, now a piece of clothing?? Cant wait to see what it is. Good luck
    I personally have never did a piece of clothing, arms on sweater , scares me? SMJ

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    twinfaye, I really love that sweater, very pretty. looked up the pattern and just might give it a try. thanks!!

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    my first article of clothing was ponchos for my girls a looooonng time ago, lol. loads of Barbie clothes, now i'm doing them for the grand kids but these are more fancy, they didn't have the fancy patterns then or I just didn't know about them. I've done doilies, tablecloths, baby layettes, t shirt dresses with the matching hats, shawls, afghans, blankets, Christmas tree bulbs, dishcloths, slippers, bracelets, barefoot sandals, leg warmers, fingerless gloves. my 7 yr. old granddaughter has matching leg warmers an fingerless gloves with flowers and butterflies that I added for her ballet classes. her and her brother have other ones I made for their soccer games, the team colors. I just made a loopy rug for my 13 yr old granddaughter for a Christmas present, my 3 grandsons in Kentucky got scarves with puppets on the end to play with or use as gloves. The other girls got boleros. there's so much I made, it seems I always have to be busy crocheting something. now that I really think about it, I've really made a heck of a lot of things!!!!!!!!! Right now i'm working on a motorcycle jacket for my grandson for his birthday this year. I've frogged it 3 times already, pattern says its easy, we'll see. I really love looking at the pictures of the things that you ladies have made!!!!!!! Such a lot of talented people out there. happy crocheting to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Likes grandmajenny, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    To make clothing is to frog, the more tailored the clothing becomes the more froging you will do. Raglan sleeve, inset sleeve, fitted waist, shaped fronts, edgings and more all come with their challenges, made even more complicated by the running pattern in the crochet garment. I am making a vest for my Mom right now for mothers day, and am working on the Cold water creek jacket pattern, and have just finished a couple of shawls, I need to get better at taking pictures.

17. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post