Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    carol, btw are you teaching a class or taking a class? Jenny

Post Thanks / Like
    grandmajenny, I'm taking the class, but I crochet and read patterns better than the teacher. I ended up spending the first four classes helping others learn to crochet. I've since found some groups of crocheters who meet in public libraries around and plan to join them. I think I'll get more help, although you've been a tremendous help so far. I told you I'd finished the 13th row and was ready to start the next step, but when I tried it on my daughter, it seemed too short under the arms, so I need to add 2 or 3 more rows. If I continue to repeat rows 12 and 13, I end up with a different count of V's and I'm not sure how that alters your directions after row 13. I did repeat row 12 and kept the count at 69V's, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do. Any advice? Carol

3. Likes grandmajenny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    caroltheteach, as long as the width is right, (remember you are adding a ruffle to the front) you don't need to keep inc, if all you needed was length then you are right on track. Just pick up after row 13 as you would have. If you need more width then go ahead and repeat using an inc row make sure to mark your corners and then proceed the joining with the new count. If you need me to redo the count for you just let me know how many rows including inc row you needed to do and I will rewrite the pattern for you. There is a book called Amazon.com: Custom Crocheted Sweaters: Make Garments that Really Fit (9781600597985): Dora Ohrenstein: Books that is really good that addresses the issue of fit. You are making a custom sweater for your daughter so it will be a little different then the pattern in that it may be a little longer or shorter, whatever makes it right for her. Your doing a great job keep up the good work.

I also go to a crochet/knitting group at a local library we are yarn bombing another library. I hope to learn to knit some day

5. Likes caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    caroltheteach, How is your project going? Grandma Jenny

Post Thanks / Like

trouble with coldwater creek

grandmajenny, I've been so busy with watching kids the past two weeks, I haven't even picked it up. I've had them until late some evenings, and a few evenings they stayed over. School is out next week so I intend to get into it again. Thanks for standing by. I'm sure I'll be in contact. Carol

8. Likes grandmajenny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caroltheteach, Don't worry I know how it is, I have been stringing beads to make 200 rosary's for vacation bible school. Today I had to drop oldest granddaughter off at school 8:15 then get youngest granddaughter take her to mothers meeting till 11:00 then take her to the Zoo, with her older sisters school, then go to a funeral for a dear friend. Race back to Oldest Granddaughters school to pick her up. Then go to school from 6 pm to 9 pm. I haven't been able to crochet a lick either. Just call me the grandma taxi driver.

10. Likes caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your days sound an awful lot like mine. Love it though. Thanks

12. Likes grandmajenny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    grandmajenny, just wanted to check before I pick up my coldwater creek jacket. The corners are the armholes. I then have to crochet a chain and single crochet after step 13. How far down should the corners be when I measure. Should they come together under the arm. I didn't think so, but wanted to check first. Getting ready to tackle it head on again. Thanks, Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Caroltheteach, you are absolutely right the corners are the beginning of armholes, they should come down to where the underarm starts, they do not touch. The pattern states

Joining Row: Ch 5, V in 1st ch-space, V in next 8 V's to next corner V, *V in
    corner V, Base ch/sc 11 for underarm, skip 13 V's of armhole, V in next corner V*, V in next 21 V's to next corner V, rep from * to * for other underarm, V in next 8 V's, V in t-ch space, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of t-ch, turn.

Which means you will chain 5 V st in the 1st ch sp (which is a inc) then V in the next 8 V's or when you come to your corner V, Then V in the Corner then do 11 base ch sc's (like you did in the beginning of the pattern at the neck) Skip 13 V's to the next corner V (this is your armhole) V in the next corner V. V in the next 21 V's to your next corner, V in Corner do 11 base ch sc's skip 13 V's to the next Corner V, V st in corner V (this is your second armhole) V st in the next 8 V st V st in the turning ch ch 2 dc in the 3rd ch of turning chain turn.

You can do it. I hope this helps, as you go you will see it taking shape.

Let me know if you need any help, I can't wait to see it.

grandmajenny

Post Thanks / Like
    grandmajenny, once again a million thanks. Carol

16. Likes grandmajenny liked this post