Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Inspiration

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa there are any number of charitable organizations that would truly appreciate the donation of a nice afghan! I know one of the groups I work with puts them in their fund raising auctions. Your local Children's Protective Service organization would probably love to have them and they could distribute them to foster parents. And of course, I'm sure your local homeless shelter could use as many as they could get!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just reading through some of these posts again and I am reminded of how inspired I am by all of you every time I come here. Whether it's the charitable work you do, the new, exciting projects you talk about or the camaraderie I find here, I always leave the forum feeling inspired and even humbled. Just wanted to say thanks.

4. Likes Judi Gums, soulangela2j liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh ya'll sound just like me. I find a new pattern that I can't wait to get started on...looks fun...maybe a new stitch...I love learning new things...like when I learned the broomstick lace stitch. It's gorgeous and so easy...time consuming but the finished product is lovely...and then I finished it and what to do with it???? But probably like most of you it doesn't stay around here long...people love homemade things...their like originals...and I always put something of myself in everything I make. I may start out with a certain pattern, but when I'm finished I make it unique with my personality for that individual. My girls absolutely love stuff that I make cuz then they go and show it off knowing no one else has one like them and their friends are always like gee, that's not fair. I remember when my oldest daughter was in the high school choir she asked me to make scarves for all the girls for a song they were going to sing so the scarves were going to be used as a prop. They all picked out their own colors and it turned out to be quite lovely. My hands looked and felt like claws when I was done but it was well worth it.

6. Likes Patti Hale, Judi Gums, Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi soulangela2j,

I love how you describe your hands after you finished your projects - felt like claws - which is how I feel sometimes after I don't realize I've done a lot of crocheting. Anyway, homemade crafts are not only fun to do but are really great to look at, especially if you can wear them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchild View Post
    Hi soulangela2j,

I love how you describe your hands after you finished your projects - felt like claws - which is how I feel sometimes after I don't realize I've done a lot of crocheting. Anyway, homemade crafts are not only fun to do but are really great to look at, especially if you can wear them.
    Hi giftedchild-
    Yeah well now that I'm getting older I find if I sit too long working on something...usually it's because I am so focused...everything else in my body starts getting seditary as well. I have to put my project down, get up and walk around for awhile...you know just to loosen everything up again. But then I can take off again. If your like me there's always something to help you with loosening up like any household chores....UGH! But it does work. HEE HEE!
    It was good to hear from you.
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angel,

Hi giftedchild-
    Yeah well now that I'm getting older I find if I sit too long working on something...usually it's because I am so focused...everything else in my body starts getting seditary as well. I have to put my project down, get up and walk around for awhile...you know just to loosen everything up again. But then I can take off again. If your like me there's always something to help you with loosening up like any household chores....UGH! But it does work. HEE HEE!
    It was good to hear from you.
    Angel
    I agree with you on that -- especially the part of "getting older" lolz. I usually get so caught up with my online work sometimes that I don't even notice that my chores have piled up Oh well, it really helps do stand up and do a little stretching every now and then. See you around

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the thread of what to do with scraps has been closed I decided to post here...I was inspired by a "MagicBall"and have converted all my mismatched leftovers into a growing ball or two...I imagine I will find a project that I will want to make with them sooner or later...The lengths of the tie joined pieces are approximately arms length...more or less...It would make an interesting Jacob's Coat...or Ugly Ghan...

12. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It would also make a good rug, maybe a bath mat.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Since the thread of what to do with scraps has been closed I decided to post here...I was inspired by a "MagicBall"and have converted all my mismatched leftovers into a growing ball or two...I imagine I will find a project that I will want to make with them sooner or later...The lengths of the tie joined pieces are approximately arms length...more or less...It would make an interesting Jacob's Coat...or Ugly Ghan...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really amazed by all the creativity I can find here. Scraps being turned into useful things are done by very creative and ingenious minds.

15. Likes Theresa L, Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter didn't take to crochet; but she has always been a great cheerleader; Whenever I crochet something she would ask, Can I have it? And now if I don't like what my project is becoming she is the first one to say, I take it. She is so genuinely enthusastic that she ended up w/ the snuggie I made for me. As for teaching younger children, maybe have them finger crochet first; I did try this and funny thing was that my little group of three, two prefered to just roll their yarn into a ball and play w/ that but happly one did really enjoy it and was very curious.