Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  61
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    What a good idea, you could do many things with this idea. Love to see yours when you finish.

Judi G

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a freind who uses different shaped doilies to make beautiful vests and jackets. She sews them together by hand, they come out picture perfect. She made one for my daughter, and if I can find the picture, I will download it and show you what I'm talking about. Blessings, Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of using the doilies to make a basket - thanks for posting it. If you are a little leery of experimenting with your treasures, I have seen some very inexpensive doilies at some of the craft stores or you might look in some of the Goodwill stores. I have crocheted baskets and did use both the white glue and fabric stiffener methods - both work well. I also used a bowl to shape my baskets. Just wrap whatever size bowl needed in plastic wrap and use it to shape your basket. I liked using the bowl because of the flat surfaced bottom which will keep your baskets from "wobbling" around. I am not sure I am adept enough to use a balloon and make it set up right. Do you know if something was used to flatten out the bottom?

5. Likes Needles & Hooks liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use doilies in sets of threes I stack them and sew them together to use under glasses or whatever for coasters. I also use them in my sewn quilts as centers for pinwheels etc, sewing them over the centers [ points] to keep them from raveling, or just as embellishments on different comforters I sew. I buy simple [as if I could do it, Ha!] little crochet circles by the dozen at the thrift stores.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

7. Likes Needles & Hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought of using them for those things. Thank you for the new ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yaynoholic, I'm sure the fabric stiffener would work. I've used it on different projects like Christmas bells, Easter eggs, etc. I like the stiffener because it does not collapse.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like fun. I would like to try it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds really easy to do I love the idea.Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw something on pinterest where someone used a doily over a lamp or something like that, it looked really neat! Good luck with your project hope to see pictures soon! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!