Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  61
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes patter was free,I forgot where I found it ..lol.....was only 6 inches I added more rows and use a different size hook than it called for .I think I used a # 5 steel hook

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know about stiffener,I am waiting til I go for the wallpaper paste..I will post pics because I am anxious to try it

3. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the same thing but you could always soak the doily in water if it fails.I did some wallpapering years ago and made a mess glue came up with some scrubbing

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    ~Lee~
    I've never heard of this being done with wallpaper glue. I've stiffened a lot of thread ornaments with Aleene's and this brand has always been the best for me. I've heard some people have had success with corn or fabric starch. Heard a story of an ornament stiffened with sugar. The owner put it away very carefully wrapped with tissue. The next Christmas she opened the ornament box and it had molded! It was destroyed, and it also took out 3 more ornaments. I would not suggest sugar!

7. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could also dip yarn in a watery paste, and wrap it around the balloon in different ways. Dry and pop it.

Quote Originally Posted by mpurcell25 View Post
    I found another use for some doilies and am anxious to try it....

you use wallpaper glue
    a balloon
    6 small or whatever size doily you want

wet doily with wallpaper paste and place it around the rounded to of balloon..when paste is dry pop balloon and you have a very pretty bowl that you can but battery operated candle or a glass candle in or whaterver else you want to use it for.....

I can not wait to try it have to go buy some paste and balloons ..lol..already have loads of doilies

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    These work out really nice. I made Christmas bulbs with an angel inside, sold them at the craft show. You can use the stiffener from craft stores, Jo Anns. Actually I used Elmers glue, soaked it real good , put a balloon inside and blew it up, after they dried I broke the balloon. I glued glitter on some, glued small flowers and breads. They were real pretty. Give it a try, its lotsa fun.

11. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, Landon, mpurcell25 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it would work..I havent tried it yet ,have to go to the store

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this on Facebook:::

[url=http://hmhdesigns.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/make-an-egg-shaped-easter-basket-from-string/]Make an Egg Shaped Easter Basket From String | HMH Designs[/url]

15. Likes Judi Gums, amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That was really awesome Landon thanks for the great information! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just might try making one ofthese this week. Actually more than one but I'll try one 1st and see how it goes!!!!!!! Thanks Landon honey! Happy Easter to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post