Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  127
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Share Your Favorite Crochet or Knitting Tip!

We have many new members here over the past year and thought I would add a new thread on sharing your favorite tips for crocheting or knitting!

Have fun learning from others and sharing some of your favorite tips with the members!

2. Likes wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a website for crochet and knitting there is a lot of information on this site hook sizes, yarn sizes, crochet and knitting symbols and much more
    Standard Yarn Weight System |
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes Barbara G., lesleyn, Lissacc, wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting tip, ideas - Yahoo Search Results

Hope there is something you don't already know as I haven't read all of it yet myself. Susan MJ

6. Likes Barbara G., wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only tip I can think of, is I always write my pattern on a piece of paper and leave enought pace so I don't get the rows confuse and repeat a row twice.

8. Likes Barbara G., wenda, sarajean1229 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have multiple hooks (usually bought with coupons) since I tend to work on multiple projects at the same time and often end up using the same size hook for different patterns. I also put each project into its own tote bag along with a copy of the pattern and the hook I am using. In a separate container (using a little plastic pencil case bought for 25 cents at Walmart after school started), I keep a little scissor, tape measure, pen or pencil and a little notepad and just keep it near my projects.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend who has several projects going at once showed me how she remembers the hook size of each--she attaches a stitch marker with the hook number on it to the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I write the hooksize on the pattern then put it in a plastic bag till I am ready to work on it

12. Likes Barbara G., N/A, Lissacc, wenda, dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching a video on working in rounds and the lady used a bobbi pin to mark the beginning of the row,I tried it and it was much easier than stitch markers.

I also found that using plastic coffee cans and putting holes in the top with a Phillips head screwdriver work great for keeping yarn clean and neat when working on projects.

I also use empty dishwasher packs containers these work well for larger projects, also you can put a plastic divider in them and use more than one color at a time.
    Last edited by meriross; 01-07-2014 at 03:52 PM.

14. Likes Barbara G., N/A, wenda, dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use bread ties for a stitch marker and I also use a file type tote and took a poked six holes in the lid and that way when working on different color afghan I can have all of my yarn in one spot. and I always take a copy my patterns and put the hook size I used with the pattern gallon sip lock bag I also keep a small chest or trunk with all of my pattern books in it beside me and I always keep my counter and snips and and post-it and pen close by and I always writes down the name of the yarn and color number on the pattern also wenda
    Last edited by wenda; 01-07-2014 at 10:39 PM.

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A tip I think of is - Don't give up! - So many times I get frustrated because I just can't get it the way I want it! I take it apart, do it again, take it apart, do it again and again and again. Each time changing a little or trying to understand or interpret the pattern in a different way! Oh my, finally - time for a coffee or hot chocolate break and a little pacing around the rooms of my house. LOL - Then back to it again a bit more calm. LOL.....

What a wonderful feeling when "I figure it out".... I tell my husband... hey, I finally got it..... and he laughs and says - I knew you would.

Don't give up - just take a break from it. You will get it.