Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last

Thread: Knook

Post Thanks / Like
    Beviboo, We seem to be kindred souls as I seem to do the same. But I still go for something new and this Knook is so semilar but looks different, I really like it. Just made a scarf so far.

2. Likes Judi Gums, Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I too, have purchased the Knook. I tried it right away and after two rows, I felt as if something was not right. After reviewing the tutorials on Youtube, again, I realized it was my hands and not the Knook. My two rows still sit on my coffee table as a reminder to pick it up and try it again. As with all things new, try and try again.
    I will conquer the Knook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maurine, I haven't had the chance to try it yet as I only ordered them this morning; quite literally before I saw this thread... I actually do have a knook hook... I got it with a bunch of other stuff at a yard sale or thrift store years ago but it was just a hook with an eye on one end and I had no idea what to do with it... like the hoarder I seem to be at time I couldn't let it go. It intreged me and now I know what it is... can't wait to try it out. Before I do that I have promised myself that I will get my sewing/craft room organized and I am almost ready to get it done. I've been collecting a lot of storage shelves and other things and now all I need is a 4x8 ft pc of 3/4 inch melamine (?) to use as a table top and I'll be able to put it all together... I do go off on a tangent...later...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by MaurineHumphreys View Post
    Beviboo, We seem to be kindred souls as I seem to do the same. But I still go for something new and this Knook is so semilar but looks different, I really like it. Just made a scarf so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tired it and like it very much. It is an easy crochet for me; You know on the the days you just want to crochet a mile but not want to stop and
    check a pattern row, graph or size. I made a blanket, dish towel and part of a shirt. If you don't have a hook, and have an extra afgan hook, have a whole made in the end and you have one. Or if you have the yellow cro-tat hook, compaired to a size g you can use that. Just have a sturdy string as your second hook. I used some extra cotton thread and it work ok for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I belong to the Senior Center near by and took my Knook with me everyone there had to see and the ooohs and ahhhs were great. We sit and knit, crochet, or knook and talk about other crafts we do or interested in. We even talk about our kids. Funnnn.

7. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I know this is not crochet or needle work of any kind but I do all kinds of crafts. Does anyone know where to purchase " JUMBO PAPER TWIST" for making the Tomato cage Dolls..? I have search every where I can think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaurineHumphreys View Post
    Hi everyone, I know this is not crochet or needle work of any kind but I do all kinds of crafts. Does anyone know where to purchase " JUMBO PAPER TWIST" for making the Tomato cage Dolls..? I have search every where I can think.
    If you type in google the words paper twist,, you will find a few places that you can get paper twist. Some of them might sell it by the yard. I recently made a tote basket by weaving paper twist and fabric around a corrugated box. I lined the box with the fabric and braided the twist and fabric together for handles. It came out very nice. You can also find instructions how to do this over a paper bag on line under paper twist projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry mamarose,I have tried that and the only Twist is the small size. No "JUMBO PAPER TWIST" thanks for the info. Good try just didn't work this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    How wide is the wide paper twist when you twist it open? The twist I used is about 4=4 1/2" wide.
    I just did a google search for wide paper twist and found this site:
    www.warehousecraftsupplies.... they have a few colors of 10" twist
    There were quite a few other links but I didn't check out their link to see if they carried the wider twist.
    I did a search for the tomato cage dolls and under the instructions they list the different widths they carry.:
    http://www.americantwisting.com/defa...ve_page_id=151
    Last edited by mamarose22; 04-18-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Knook

I have tried to knook. I viewed the videos on UTube but it took me awhile to realize which way to turn the needle--it's quite different from crochet. It's continental knitting (holding the yarn in your left hand) with a hook on the end of the right needle. I found it easier to work than regular knitting but harder than crochet. The cording on the end of the knook keeps you from dropping stitches which was a big problem for me when knitting. It takes some practice but I like the look of knitting but cannot knit so this was a great alternative for me.