Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Knook

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I have tried several times to learn how to knit w/ no success. I am hoping the Knook will be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found my Knook. The 4 patterns included in the beginner set are an infinity scarf, spa cloth, baby blanket and a diamond lap throw. All done w/medium weight yarn. Might try it tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for finding your Knook KathyL. Now there will one more of us working on it. I am going to try not to get started with mine until after Christmas.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I just watched the video and it looks fairly easy....as long as I can remember not to yarn over like crocheting...lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my Knook kit arrived this afternoon, and my husband has already wrapped it up as a gift to me. (I love to Christmas shop for myself!) The hooks (you get 3) look like crochet hooks with a hole in the end of the handle to attach a cord. I believe this cord is to help with dropped stitches. I'm wondering if this is actually like Tunisian crochet (also know as Afghan) which is done on long crochet hooks. Some of the Tunisian crochet patterns look like knitting. Guess I'll solve that mystery after Christmas! Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of "Will Linda EverLearn to Knit?"

Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure about the Knook

Knook kit arrived yesterday afternoon, so I as up with it until 2am. (Sleep?? Who me??)

Stitches are kept on the hook, then slid off onto the cord (embroidery floss). You work them off the cord and back onto the hook - and then repeat the process.

I think it's kind of cool, but I just cannot get the hang of picking up a loop from the cord - it just gets away from me. I tried to use my Tunisian crochet hook and cord, but that didn't work.

I'll wait until after Christmas and try it again - during the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is going to be tricky trying to work the stitches off the cording as it's so flexible. Even the lady on the video was having a few problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I just posted a bunch of knook tutorials in the links and resources:

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...tutorials.html

Post Thanks / Like
    These are the ones I watched. They do explain it clearer than the book. Think I will just "Knook" along w/ the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chp you can do it. Check out the videos on YouTube, I think it will be easier then it looks I am sure, I hope.
    And I agree with DonnaJN, leaving it alone until after Christmas will be the hard thing.
    Merry Christmas all,
    Judi G