Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Knook

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends! Just what does this Knook hook look like, have'nt seen one and it sounds interesting. Merry Christmas to Alllllllllllllllllllll!!! LOL, Caroline
    Last edited by valentine; 12-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    We will just all have to try to help each other along after the first of the year on learning to Knook. Nice to know I will be in such good company.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone from North Carolina
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    The Knook looks like a crochet hook at one end, it is flattened a little at the other end with a hole through and a cord is strung throught it. The needle work is done around the cord then removed each row and the cord is worked back in and removed at the end.

It looks more like knitting when finished only done using a crochet hook. YouTube has some good videos on it. Walmart sells them for around $9.00.

Merry Christmas
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    judy im not sure i want to attempt to even try it looks like something from outer space . weaird chp mona

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the kit yesterday. Biggest challenge now will be to put it away until after the holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Knook

I bought the knook and am trying it. It isn't too bad. I'm enjoying playing with it. I'm making a can cozy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there patterns for this invention? I'm just crazy enough to give it a try. Maybe a self-bought gift for the holidays. Thanks for the replies. Lol caroline

Post Thanks / Like
    The starter kit that I bought at WalMart has 4 patterns. I misplaced the kit so I don't remember what all 4 patterns were but there was a scarf and a baby blanket for sure. I know there was a pattern book for dishcloths. I'm sure there are others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a Knook kit from Annie's Attic. I've been crocheting for a long, long time (learned from a dinosaur), but just can't get the hang of knitting. I'm hoping this gadget helps. My great grandmother insisted that I learn to knit when I was about 8 years old, and that was about the last thing I wanted to to at that time. I think I must still have some kind of mental block. I just wind up with triangles - the stitches get tighter and tighter! If I have any success, I'll post. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked the Knook up yesterday too. I am not going to go near it until after the holidays are over. I get my nose into something and then I never want to put it down. Any one else have that problem?

I have also tried knitting a couple times, but I keep coming back to it being valuable crochet time lost....hah! I would like to learn it some day though because I love the looks of knit items. I think part of my problem with it is that it is so easy to fix a crochet boo boo and not so much with knitted ones, or at least not for me.
    Judi G